New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i got one cougar from ebay 3 days ago, i paid $4400 for it but i vae not seen the car i am excited about it...
I have 2 questions first is which one is better? Eclipse that i am selling or cougar that i bought... What kind of advantages cougar has over eclipse?

This is cougar i got... please check it out and tell me if it is a good deal or not
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0&category=6339&sspagename=STRK:MEBWN:IT&rd=1

And here is my eclipse
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...8&category=6352&sspagename=STRK:MESSE:IT&rd=1

Thanks
Cant wait to see my cougar :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi. I just got my cougar a few days ago and i love it! I was looking for a 95-99 eclipse but ended up getting the cougar. I am glad i did. I got the same car as the one you got but it is black. They wanted 6900 for it but i paid 5700. so you got a great deal! You will love it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish the auctions I'm looking at on Autotrader would say the exact engine type dealy, just says Auto V6. I'd like the 2.5L V6, not the slow base model. :p

·
Registered
660 Posts
The 2.5 is the base model V-6 the only other engine that a cougar comes with is the 2.0 I-4.

PS. Welcome to the boards and nice buy and it has the Drift front end. My favorite.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, sweet. Sorry about my ignorance, I'm quite the car noob.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys, finally i got the car, it is better than described and i paid $4250 for it.. i think good price for 99 with 76k milage.. what do you think?

I am new to mods, i wonder if it has mod other than drift
also what you suggest what mod is next

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A simple taillight cover mod goes a long way. Looks sweet. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would have to say that side skirts and a rear bumper or valence is your next mod.. Need to finish off that body kit, looks kinda funky with only the front bumper

·
Registered
352 Posts
OH! and one more thing, get rid of that fart pipe sticking out of your bumper :biggrin:

*edit*
Thats the only other mod i see from those pics.. The engine looks barebone stock, and the outside appears stock as well. You one with a sport package too.. good job :thumbsup:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After 500 miles problems started too bad :) i was so excited about my cougar, check engine light is on i took it to autozone and it pulled p0420 error.. the guy at autozone is not sure what is this code anybody any idea, what caused this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Uh oh.. the dreaded CEL :thumbsdn:

I've been lucky enough not to get one yet.. I'd say search the net for the codes, or call up your local dealership

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Originally posted by: bbevren
After 500 miles problems started too bad :) i was so excited about my cougar, check engine light is on i took it to autozone and it pulled p0420 error.. the guy at autozone is not sure what is this code anybody any idea, what caused this problem?
Thanks
from the pic of the exhaust it looks like it might be passing out bad gas :(

IIRC thats teh 02 oxygen sensor code.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'd say the cougar is way better. I believe the error code deals with the back pre-cat which should be covered by an 80,000 mile warranty. Check with the people in your local NECO chapter and find a good dealership and have them replace it under warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts