New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Cougar with what I feel is major problems. Let me just list them:

1. Windshield wipers operate completely on their own at random.
2. Car will not start
3. A week ago, I was driving down the Highway @ 70 mph and the engine stopped running, I had no brakes, steering, nothing.
4. Did that a few days earlier but as I was rolling to a stop the motor turned back on and i drove away (weird)
5. Car won't start, but while the key is in the "on" position everything lights up and my radio works fine, but i have no other functions, like windows, sun roof, etc.
6. One time (within this "hell week" of problems) the turn indicators lights would flash rapidly at random times while I was turning.
7. I'm going bald because I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure out the problems.

All these complications started about two weeks ago and the car sits in my driveway for the last week. WTF?
I am a master installer and have ran my own high end stereo installation shop and consider my self a master at car electronics but this crazy stuff has me boggled.
ANyone out here ever heard of this stuff?????:banghead:

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
6. Usually indicates a bulb out.

Have your battery checked and your alternator as well. If your alternator is bad, it may have damage your battery.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have experienced similar events on other vehicles when a particular fuse would blow. Seems like there were other paths for the power to go then that created all kinds of gremlins. If you have all ready checked all the fuses visually, you might try and isolate the problem by removing them one at a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.