New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 02 front bumper and fogs came intoday, so i have been test fitting. I am having a bit of problems with the bumper, beacuse two tabs have been ripped, so im fusor'ing those back together - no problem. But i am having a problem with the foglights. Its like nothing matches up and i have no idea how they hook up to the wiring on my 99'.

Here are some pics:

1999 style foglights:

2002 style foglights:

To me, it looks like the 02's take a different style bulb and use a cap that screws into the foglight assembly. Basically what do i need to do, or is needed to make my 02 foglights function on my car?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
hmmm im not too sure since mine is a 99... but that looks like a sealed unit, and the harness would plug directly into the bulb... here's a link to another thread about it take a look

another

Dan

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah ok, so i just buy or find a headlight with a 9005/9006 bulb, and cut out the thing that the bulb plugs into plus some wiring, and cut it to fit into the foglight housing and splice or crimp the wires to my foglight wiring harnesS?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
no, find a car with a 9005 bulb for headlights, hack the wire and connector off, cut the connector off your fog wires, connect it up... stick the 9005 bulb in the 02 fog housing and you are done... pretty simple...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.