New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but to no avail. Does anyone have a howto on 99-00 headlights into a 2001-2002?

G

·
I don't think they will fit. The '01+ lights have a larger bulb housing, or whatever it's called, (the large black backing on the lights). The only reason the '01's will fit on a '99 is because you have to cut a part of the car itself to accomodate the larger size.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that 01 headlights can go into a 99 but i've also seen an 01 with 99 headlights in it and i just want to ind out how he did it.:shrug:

The reason i want the 99 headlights in is cause i want a set of headlight covers painted so that my car lines flow better.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do it. The '99-'00 and '01+ headlight assemblies use the same screw points. Also, since the housings of '01+ are bigger as it is, there's no need for chassis modification.

Try to check out the How-to posted above just to get an idea of the differences, especially with the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes it is possible. eliminopee had it done, but she totalled her cougar, and I haven't seen her online since right after that happened. I'm sure there's a couple other people that have done it as well.

Maybe do a search for threads with her as an author. That might turn up some info.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
someone at CougarFest 2001 had it... yellow Cougar with a guy that owned it.. I think ZN Coug...??? definately one of the MC-NECO peeps I think... Brad and him swapped if I remember correctly and he said that you needed to add a small amount of black weather stripping to the bottom of the light to fill a slight gap... saw it at CF and it looked good..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts