New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99-02 tranny's are they all the same

just wonding if all the 99-00 stock atx transmission are the same as the 99-00 stock atx contour

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
RE:99-02 tranny's are they all the same

1. transmission not transmation

2. all of the cougar/contour manual trans are mtx-75, all autos are CD4E, thus they are the same.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

sorry bout the typo,, im just tryed as hell

thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts

Actually, there are quite a few major differences in both the MTX-75 and the CD4E between 2000-2001. The MTX-75 recieved beefed up syncros and shift forks IIRC. The CD4E's primary drive chain changed from 1" thick to 3/4" thick along with other minor changes like a redesigned VSS sensor and other internal changes. However, the transmissions are all the same model, just slightly different after late 2000.

C

·
0 Posts

I dont see why someone has to make a comment about ones spelling. It was an obvious mistake, he also spelled it correctly once throughout the post. Can someone explain why its so crucial, as long as someone gets their point across it really doesnt matter. We're not children here that we need to be corrected on simple spelling mistakes, to me its insulting.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

okay here is my main question now,, are the 99-00 contour tranny's for the auto, the same as the 99-00 for the cougar...

thanks

R

·
0 Posts
RE:99-02 cougar trannys, the same as the 99-00 contour trannys

the contour transmission IS different from the 01+ cougars!

they have a diffferent torque convertor, different VSS, uses a different flexplate (i learned the hard way, had to pull an engine to swap flexplates :( )

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so are the 99-00 cougar atx tranny's the same as the 99-00 contour atx tranny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts