New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever had them? I'm thinking of redoing my whole system. I want to fiberglass the spair tire area and drop a couple 8' in there, but I've never heard 8' before. I'm not going for alot of bass this time around.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
JL AUDIO W7 8's!!!!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
8" subs will give you quick punchy bass as compared to a long pounding bass of a 12" or 15". They are good for some sound quality. But go with a moderate 8" sub. JL Audio 8w3 will probably be the best bet since you dont want a ton of bass. Plus a W3 wont kill you wallet, especially if you want more than 1.

·
Registered
540 Posts
'=foot, drop in a couple 8 foot subs, power them with a 16,000 watt amp, and look out:rofl:

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: duratecpower
'=foot, drop in a couple 8 foot subs, power them with a 16,000 watt amp, and look out:rofl:
LMFAO!
:rofl:

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
8"s are what I always go with. I like 8's because I am more into speed music than bass music and 8's are the only thing that will keep up and still sound great. no low sounds but great hard hitting bass!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm going with Image Dynamics ID 10 V.3. I went to local audio shop and heard the Audiobahn high ex. 8" and they sucked. I also heard the JL 8W7 thats a nice sub but I could get the Image Dynamics cheaper. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
517 Posts
yeah! smaller subs dont mean quieter by any means!! the L7 8"ers are awesome in ported boxes!! they flat out bang hard and stay very fast!
Diamond audio makes a 8" called the CM3, it is a great sub. i usually go for 3 or 4 eights to get the best effect, and they will play to 20Hz!
8"ers are the most underrated subs around, everybody thinks they cant hang with 10s or 12s, but ive found that given the right box built for the car can make 8s a bueatiful thing!!
josh

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I like the sound of a pair of 8" subs. Tight and accurate. They can be installed anywhere. Even An Illusive Concept 8" works well in doors and slim enclosures. Only a few inches in depth, the motor structure is placed inside the cone area. Ive installed a pair in each door of a F-150, and it sounded very clean with almost perfect sound staging for the front.
8"s are the most underratted subs.....has anyone seen JL Audio's 6" subwoofer? Those pound too if installed appropriately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts