New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i know someone who has a 73mm mas air unit from his 98/99 svt contour. I was wondering if i swamped mass air if it would help, or if it is the same. also i will either put on my kkm or buy a svt kkm,i have 2 1/4 catback exaust,and my svt upper intake manifold and throttle body is going in next week. Would the mass air be adding too much air hurting my performance?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
My guess would be...it would fit, but you'd have a CEL...It would have to be calibrated to your car, and most likely your ECu would not like it. If you want a larger MAF...I'd say just get the Pro Flow one...it's 75mm (oooh a whole 2mm
) and will be calibrated to match your car exactly. It's like $250 though... or something like that.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it (bought a svt airbox and maf for $15). It sets off a CEL because the SVT uses 19 lb/hr injectors i think we only have 16's or something anyway it sets one off.

Hope that helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much horsepower do you think an intake,pro flow 75mm,and a bassani exhaust would put out?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Not too much...you'd have to dyno it...remember my car could get 15whp from a Intake, MAF, and exhaust, and yous could get 3whp...why? Each car reacts differently to mods. Theoritically, a KKM filter, proflow MAF, solid intake piping (not the accordian type), and a SVT 60mm TB should allow more air to enter the ntake manny...but unless the intake manifolds, heads, headers, y-pipe, cat, and exhaust are done too, the gains won't be optimal...a wild guess i'd say expect 5-10 hp from the intake MAF and exhaust...but most if not all the hp will be in the high end...now get a hiflow y-pipe and hi flow cat, and a 60mm tb..and the air entrance, and almost the complete exit will be done...all you need are headers now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.