New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was browsing the Kia forum, I had seen them doing 5 lug swaps from larger Kia's. This made me wonder if it was possible on the Cougar, which Taurus parts or something? Never heard of anyone on here doing it I think. Anybody know if it's possible? I think the Cougar would be more suiting with 5 lug wheels.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,673 Posts
It might be easier to experiment with if we didn't have press-fit hubs.

Regardless, Pole120, after all of his research and work, decided to ultimately stick with the original 4-lug pattern.

It's just a vanity project, really, that someone would do for bragging rights.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if I ever really would, but it was an interesting thought. I always preferred the look of 5 lug wheels though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think I'm going to try to tackle this project... Money really isn't a issue, I just want 5 lug hubs. Any info would be helpful that Pole or jaged came up with... Not sure if the Taurus fronts will direct press in since they are 5 lug

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
if i remember correctly the ford 5 lug is even rarer to find wheels for. i would just redrill the hubs to 4x100 or 4x114.3.
i actually bought spacer/adapers to switch from 4x108 to 4x114.3. theyre only 10mm thick so they make a really good fitment for my cougar. they are fully flush with my fenders. the rears i pulled a little cuz i have an aggressive drop

probably the easiest way

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well I rather have just straight up 5 lug for my project.... Reading and found mk3 mondeo front hubs swap right now and from a 01 windstar will work for the rears and will be taken/shaved down some on a lathe to be pressed in.

Curious if the mondeo 5 lug spindle will press into my cougar hub since I just had bearings pressed in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if i remember correctly the ford 5 lug is even rarer to find wheels for. i would just redrill the hubs to 4x100 or 4x114.3.
i actually bought spacer/adapers to switch from 4x108 to 4x114.3. theyre only 10mm thick so they make a really good fitment for my cougar. they are fully flush with my fenders. the rears i pulled a little cuz i have an aggressive drop

probably the easiest way
Idk if u still use this but do u remember where u got those adapters from 10mm joints

·
Registered
326 Posts
Idk if u still use this but do u remember where u got those adapters from 10mm joints

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went on there n didnt c any 4 to 5 lug adapters do yall have a 5 lug wheel hub that fits a 01 cougar

·
Registered
326 Posts
I went on there n didnt c any 4 to 5 lug adapters do yall have a 5 lug wheel hub that fits a 01 cougar
It’s under the custom tab… They make anything to any spec that come with lifetime warranty made in USA. They changed their site since a few years ago, best to call or email them with your specs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts