New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I beat a white 3rd generation Supra, the last body style they made (not really too knowledgeable about them.) I figured he'd kick my a$$. He asked for it though.
For two lights he'd sit there revving and rollin back and forth, but I had cars in front of me. This just pissed me off. So finally the car in front of me turned. The Supra had been driving next to me the whole time. As soon as the other car got outta my way, we were going about 35, both of us floored it. I just started pulling away. I was totally surprised. By the time we had gone about 3 blocks he just let off and I was a couple car length ahead of him.
I figure there must have been something wrong with his car or something. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the beauty of my Betty Page air freshener. Or maybe the yellow sticker on my car cleaning supply tub made me faster. But like I said he asked for it cause he started it. I'm sure everyone is gonna start flaming me saying I'm full of sh*t :cover: so I'm ready. All I know is it happened.
This fits right along with my post from before about how I only catch hell from cars that should be able to beat me(Corvettes and 911's). Watch once I get a 3L or a nitrous system THEN all the damn hondas will want to race.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
To anyone who wants to start talking ****- take some toilet paper with you and floss those gums with it...

One of my x's had a non-turbo white 95 supra...really a crap job car, they do exist.
Back in the day I had a 89 300zx....slow- Everyone belived that it was a fast car for what it was...hell no. Fake ass car just looked good. But who knows, some cars just dont have any life in them, or the driver.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
A friend of mine has a 95 MKIV Supra. Its N/A with a stock motor. And i must say, there is no way a stock cougar could beat it. Even a mildly modded cougar would have its hands full. The only mods to this car are an Apexi N1 catback exhaust and a cone filter. He spanks me in a 1/4. I have driven that car, and must say, its amazing. I guess the difference is that this car only has about 20K on the odometer, and has been babied.

·
Registered
254 Posts
N/A MKlV supras still have the 2JZ engine which is very stout... he raced an MKlll with a 1JZ, and it was probably N/A... they're not exactly known for crazy power...

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Originally posted by: wren
N/A MKlV supras still have the 2JZ engine which is very stout... he raced an MKlll with a 1JZ, and it was probably N/A... they're not exactly known for crazy power...

"2JZ engine, no sh*t. this will decimate all, after you spend about 10 thousand, and maybe some overnight parts from Japan."

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
it's possible to beat all those non-turbo cars from those generations, like the 3000GT or the Supra. They're pretty heavy cars. There was someone on here a while ago who beat a stock 3000GT with his stock cougar.

Mike

·
Registered
884 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
it's possible to beat all those non-turbo cars from those generations, like the 3000GT or the Supra. They're pretty heavy cars. There was someone on here a while ago who beat a stock 3000GT with his stock cougar.

Mike
That was me lol. Blew the doors off of this chick, and she told me to turn down my music. When i did she said, "what do you have in that thing?" i said "nothing", she then said, "damnit i've never been beaten that bad!"

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The MKIV with the 2JZ is very powerful. The 95SE came with a 225hp N/A motor. Even if they are a little heavier, there is still no was a stock cougar could have taken it. Unless it was just a crap driver or the car had been ragged to crap.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Was she hot?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: buffdaddy17

"2JZ engine, no sh*t. this will decimate all, after you spend about 10 thousand, and maybe some overnight parts from Japan."

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
a friend of mine has an 85 N/A supra with a fully rebuilt engine, basically brand new once his dad got through with it, I ran him several times in my car, he didnt have a chance

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Originally posted by: PGCougar
Originally posted by: buffdaddy17

:rofl:

glad to see someone picked up on that one. lol

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
just a quick fact all you haters of the ATX trans a stock supra with an ATX tran with beat a stock supra with a MTX with a professional driver driving it

but on a road course the MTx will win

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I saw it's a toss up with a modded cougar.

95ish NA supra pulls 220hp and 210lbs of torque. Curb Weight is 3215lbs.
95ish Turbo Supra pulls 320hp and 315tq. Curb Weight is 3415 ---> cougar don't stand a chance ofcourse.

99+ Cougar pulls 170hp and 165tq. Curb weight of 2892.

Don't know. The weight vs whatever mods the cougar has. Tossup I'd say, depending on driver.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have beat a stock NA supra... kid local named Robert... car is a big hunk... his atx is screwed up...

Yeah i won that in the cougar...

I have also walked all over a modded turbo supra...

Yeah i won that in the GTI....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts