New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threw some pics up from earlier this afternoon.

Ka-LINK!

And for those of you who weren't there - it ain't over. Slade's electrical system is FUBAR, if you can't tell by the photos...

·
5,273 Posts
Andy, dude, you rock! Those are great. I especially like Neo ;)

I am so sorry I didn't call you man, but we didn't even leave that darn parking lot till almost 9 PM! We picked up Mary (LilFiesty), but then Jeff/Becky headed back North, and so did Brian (RacerX). After we finally left the parking lot, and got Slade/Diane checked in, we headed to my place, ordered a pizza, and had some cake and ice cream. There were pics, so I hope some get posted.

So I apologize to you for making you miss cake and ice cream, but it was so late already, I didn't call :(

Ok, it's late, and I might have to hold the umbrella over the work area tomorrow, so I'm going to bed.

More later

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i had a TON of fun at the meet! lunch was good, (mcdonalds/logan's roadhouse), the movie was funny, but thats about all it was, i had fun hangin around and all, and mark's house was a lot of fun too!

thanks to mark for he "planning", and for hosting us at your crib!

thanks to slade and sare for the gift bags and all! slade, you know i used the glow sticks as my light so i could read mark's directions to get home, so they actually served a purpose. and sare's candy saved me some $$ at the movies, so that was a plus too!

thanks to brian for the fogs! i love them!

and thanks to everyone else for making it a great time!!

here are my pics:

the cops came (pic below) because it was reported that slade was storing crack under his hood (pic above)

well, these are my best pics. i have more, but they are about the same shot as some fo these, car specific, or they didnt come out right. but if you want anymore, email me and i can send them to you!

thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Great time again! Sorry I had to bail so early, but seeing Zack was great. And seeing my bros from the lake is always good because I never see them except summer time.

Pics look good, I really wish I wouldve had my car with me but its all good.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I, too, had a blast! But i wonder if Slade's back on the road yet :shrug: Hope he gets his car running again. Further more i hope nobody messed with it while it was sitting in the parking lot. I almost suggested to aaron that we should go check it out real quick. But didn't get a chance to say anything, plus i think we were running a bit late to begin with.
Food wasn't bad, and Slade, you have to admit that you got owned by the clutsy waitress :cover:
Movie was funny, but lacked depth. But i didn't really care as i was laughing pretty hard.
And i thank Mark as well for stepping up to plan this meet and letting us chill at your house and use the non-working restroom :rofl:
I thank Aaron and his parents again for letting me crash at their place. The rest (and breakfast) was well needed!
Sare, Slade -- gifts and candy rawks! The 95' supra is now hanging next to my cougar (see pic posted at end of post). And the candy gives me something to munch on during work.
Riding in RacerX's car was fun. That civic dork got owned! Oh, Brian, thanks for the ideas for a sub grille, too!
It was great meeting everybody again and also meeting some new people too. I hope Lostracer (i think that's his sn) starts to post a little more as well.
Wish i could of stayed longer but unfortuneatly aaron had to be back. Oh well, perhaps next time.
I'll post pics just as soon as i upload them to my website. I'll be back in a bit to post the url.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Okay, finished the initial layout of the page and all. Still have to go back and explain what NECO is and what people are looking at in the pics and all that jazz for other visitors to the site. But since all of you don't need to know that stuff i won't worry about it for now.
Enjoy:
link-a-dink

Edit: :banghead: Apparently i've exceeded the amount of bandwidth i'm allowed to use for the day today. So basically everybody is going to have to wait till tommorrow to look at them. I'm not about to sit here and upload 20 pics for the 3rd time...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Ok, we made it home!!! Got in about 8-ish. I'll let Slade go into further explanation, but all tuned out fine. Just wanted to let people know. Especially Mark who made it very clear we were to call when we got in. But we can't call when his phone has been busy for 2 HOURS!!! I'm tired so I'll just post tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yea I wanna and need to hear about today, and what all happened? Should I be alarmed cuz I missed slades call and wish I hadnt.... Sorry Slade. Please post ASAP and let me know!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott

the cops came (pic below) because it was reported that slade was storing crack under his hood (pic above)
:rofl: :rofl:

What an adventure. We made it safe and sound. I just wanted to say thanks to Mark for driving us around and helping with the install. Sarah, thanks for driving us around too and helping me find an eye glass place. Slade, I'm still so so so sorry.

I took some pics but they're kinda weak.
Slade's Gauges:: Going 65-70mph, this is what made us think we had a problem

And the alternator install. Just wanted you to get a feel of the fabulous weather and location.

·
5,273 Posts
Must take time out of my busy work day to say...

Oh for Pete's sake!! Not one pic of me with dirty hands, or under the car, or anything!? I actually got dirty (in fact, my left hand still is, I'll need to wear the skin off to get rid of the grease/oil/anti-sieze combination), and turned wrenches, and got under the car, and managed to guide Slade's incredibly long set of socket extensions onto the @#%[email protected]#! upper alternator bolt.

Ok, I'll post more later if nobody else chimes in first with a better explanation, but Beth you are right, that was bad.

Oh, and hey, don't that Neo guy look cool? ;)

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oy, I can't believe you guys did that in the parking lot! I'd have helped out, you know...

But that fixed it, huh? Lifetime guarantee?

Wow. I'm sorry...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Well it aint over yet. I made it home but to recap what has happened so far;

I am guessing the alternator overcharged the battery and blew it up about 10 minutes or so from easton. I still dont know how but I am narrowing my search. It appears to be either a bad ground and/or a short somewhere. Apparently there is a recall on some crap that might have been the problem...how nice of Ford to tell me since the recall came out in 2001! (I, by the way, will NOT be purchasing another Ford. Dad might work for them but I am fed up with the horrible quality and absolutely horrible service from the dealerships)

Anyway, the battery blew up. There are acid burns all over the inside of my normally spotless engine bay and I dont think all of them will clean up since they ate the paint off. Thanks for the mention of baking soda Brian. You prolly saved me the cost of en entire engine wire harness kit (which is several hundred dollars) and a new fuse box and associated wiring.

I got a new battery ($90+) and that didnt fix the prob. Decided to chill a bit and get away from the car. Movie. Then I went lookin for an alternator. 2 stores and $171 later I was back with an alternator (Thanks a ton Justin- youre a good guy :thumbsup: and nice meeting you.) Decided to wait for morning to replace it.

Morning- we ate then myself, Mark, Diane and Sarah went back to my car (still there and in one piece) and started the task of replacing the alternator...might be the single most pain in the rear install EVER! My neck is really really sore today from all the undercar manipulations. 5 hours later the car turned over and seemed sorta ok.

We made it back but something isnt right. I'll report back whenever I figure out the problem that caused this mess in the first place. For now I can only try to clean up the mess underhood and repaint some stuff...need a new battery tie down too.

Other than the horribly expensive repairs the weekend was fun. Seeing new people and old was great. My appologies for pretty much single handedly ruining most of the meet. I feel really bad about it. I do want to thank you all for hangin in there and not complaining (at least not to me) about sitting in the parking lot for pretty much the entire day. It meant a lot to me.

Now off to work on the peice of crap I call my cougar...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Damn slade I had no idea it was so severe. Hope things work out for ya. Maybe that "grounding kit" isnt a good idea?? Not sure but I know that an explosion in ur engine of the battery isnt good...... Keep us updated and sorry I wasnt there for the fun times of the alternator install..... But Dianes was enough for me.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
damn slade! you should have gave me a buzz/just showed up at my house, and you could have worked on it here in a garage with private restrooms and all! i wouldnt have cared one bit! well, i dont know how you would have gotten the car here, staying under 2000 RPms, but im glad it is all starting to work out.

and diane, how did you happen to get a shot at the perfect moment of when the gauges bounced? nice shot!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
and diane, how did you happen to get a shot at the perfect moment of when the gauges bounced? nice shot!
Well, it is easy to get a pic of it when the needles dont just peg for a second but rather stay there for 5 or 10 minutes :banghead: They would also bounce up and down if I slowed or accelerated- basically it kept reseting as if I was connecting and then disconnecting the battery. They stayed pegged like this for a while though. Also, the fuel and temp gauges notice were at "0" and the left green info- LCD thingy went out and stayed out but the right one kept the time and mileage...I have no clue how that happens.

Ok- after further assesment:

I finished cleaning out the engine bay and underside of hood. There is a lot of paint missing on the inner wheel well area below the battery/ fuse box. All that stuff is out right now but I left the camera in the trunk and...well, no way to get it out at the moment;) The hood is ruined basically. Everything that got hit is stripped of paint. I think I might paint it with spray paint...maybe the whole underside of the hood just so it doesnt rust. Dunno yet about that. As for the other missing paint I will prolly just hit it with the gunmetal wheel paint I have...again, I dont need the car rusting apart this winter. While the ring terminals on the wires are corroded the wires themselves look to be ok. I pulled the battery tray and fuse box covers and am in the process of repainting them. I also soap an watered the entire engine bay so it will prolly look pretty decent when it dries.

I'm not driving it to work until I get a full electrical system check from a shop so the cost keeps rising on this pile of crap. Sorry to say but the moment I can break even on this car it is history. This is not just emotions of the moment- I mean it. I'll still hang with all of you but it will be sans cougar.

Anyway, about the meet; Mark, thank you for the cake and ice cream and pizza. I hope we all contributed to the cost because now that I think of it I dont know if I gave you money or not for it:flushed: I think I was sorta in shock most of the day Saturday...and Sunday. Also thank you for hangin around and driving Diane and I back and forth to the hotel and for helping to install the alternator. I couldnt have done it alone.:grouphug:

I'll let you all know what is found with this whole alternator deal and hopefully it helps someone else to avoid the problem I have.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Im glad to hear that Diane and Slade made it back home ok.
Im sorry that I made it to the meet late, but it was fun hanging out in the parking lot for a couple hours, lol, j/k!!
I had a great time and Im gonna try to post the pics of Slade blowing out his d-day cake some time this week.
Was good to see everyone again and was nice meeting new peeps!!
Thanks again Mark for letting us chill back to your place !!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I too am glad that Slade and Diane it back home alright.

Nice meeting you guys, Jamallot, Pyro, Justin and Mary.
Also thank you Diane and Slade for the gift bags! They were awsome.
Thank you to Mark as well for setting up the meet and having us over to chill! :thumbsup:

I will post pics from this past weekend once my computer decides to get its head out of its arse.

Might say more later, but for now I have crap loads of homework and laundry to get done.

Later dudes!:wiggle:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts