New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 3L throttle body measure out the same as the svt throttle body.....what I mean is can I use this in conjuction with my svt uim, and my car being an atx will the svt cruise cable still work....thanks. I was told when I bought this thing that is was an SVT TB and I ended up with this....got the bracket and everything and the guy said it measures the same as svt.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,932 Posts
Same casting basically. The difference being the 3L TB has a hole in the side of the mouth, just ahead of the throttle plate, that acts as the inlet for the IACV on the 3.0. It doesn't pose a problem, as it essentially goes nowhere, dead-ending into your TB gasket. Our IACV is elsewhere, and uses an external hose. But as far as I know, that's the ONLY difference between the 3.0 TB and the SVT model.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Some of the SVT TB say 3.0L instead of SVT. If you look at the TB and verify it against the parts database, you will be better able to tell whether it's a true 3.0L TB or an SVT TB. In the case of this particular TB, it is an SVT TB (I know since I checked the part number myself).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks alot for the info....it just seemed like I got ripped off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.