New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on doing this in about 2 years. I'll have the money and my car will be payed off and completely mine.

I'm not too engine savvy so help me out if my thinking is wrong. To do a good 3L Hybrid I need the Prepped 3L shortblock from buckshot which is the negine minus the heads and cams? And the Hybrid part is adding in the SVT heads and cams correct? And I'm also told that Jesse is the man to see to get the P&P work done. 3L Shotblock mated to SVT Heads & Cams and Full P&P. What else is needed/involved in doing this swap, besides getting tuned?

If anyone has gone that basic route I described.....how much does it end up costing you? About $3500??

Thanks, and sorry if any of these questions are really stupid ;).

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
About $3500??
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Prepped Block = 1500-2000
SVT Heads/Cams = 300-600
PnP work = 990-1300 (depending on options and valves, etc)
Larger Injectors/Tuning = 400-1000
Gaskets = 250-300
Misc Fluids = 100
Other = 250 (**** happens, gotta figure that in, shipping is a lot on heavy stuff too)
Trans Upgrades = 1000+

Total = 4790 - 6450+

Dude, take it from me, thats what it will take. Unless you are going for a budget build,
then I am convinced it could be done for under 2k, but you gotta pay to play.

The 3.0L hybrid costs a LOT more than just an engine and some heads.
Gaskets, fluids, injectors, DMD, misc stuff, SHIPPING charges, it ALL adds up.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh thanks man, I knew I was missing a lot of stuff ;). I might just wait until I am out of college completely and making 130k a year. Then I could tackle a huge project for the coug ;). Any suggestions.

Maybe AWD 3.0 Jaguar Conversion?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah, money is a good thing, if money was no object i would have custom adjustable cams right now :)

What do you plan on doing to make 130k out of college?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can see myself keeping the cougar. Nurse Anesthetist. Instant gurrrranteed job and full ride scholarship.

EDIT its actually about 100 - 120 to start and top out around 160

S

·
0 Posts
When I was planning my swap w/ bnoon I was a little over $10,000 and didn't even count all I wanted... then bills, tuition, and fiance caught up. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Actually....you start out around $80,000(after 1 yr. of exp.)....and progress to about $115,000. Are you going to get your RN(2 or 4 year)...and then get your CRNA? Are you going to a AANA approved school? Just curious...my wife is an RN here in KY and she ws thinking of getting her CRNA.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
yeah, i wouldn't trust anyone with no experience drugging me before an operation. waking up in the middle of one would defintely ruin my day. :p

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by: scottina99
Actually....you start out around $80,000(after 1 yr. of exp.)....and progress to about $115,000. Are you going to get your RN(2 or 4 year)...and then get your CRNA? Are you going to a AANA approved school? Just curious...my wife is an RN here in KY and she ws thinking of getting her CRNA.
Still good numbers. I was just going off what a friend of my mother's was saying. I'm going to do it through McLeod Health which is the big hospital place in Florence....maybe other parts of South Carolina. So what ever school they send me to is fine, because the deal is I have to work for them 2 years for every year they pay for school. But I still get payed like any other Nurse/Nurse Anesthetist would.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Kinda crazy numbers. My mother was an EMT for 7 yrs, then became an RN and ran the ER for a major MI hospital, and she's not making that kinda cash. (We're talking ACLS and all the certs you can think of, too.) Scares me to hear all these people in college thinking they'll be making 6 figures when they get out. Truth be told, it doesn't always happen. There are no guarantees in life, period. I remember being in college and getting told I'd make $100k easy for my first job. First jobs pay: $34k. The only way I was able to pull off > $100k a year was to start 3 of my own businesses and eliminate the middleman (a boss).

Just a heads up... Colleges infate their hire numbers to allow for increases tuition.

E1

·
Registered
429 Posts
What do you mean by a prepped block?
I can get the 3.0 block from a local junkyard but what will I have to have done to it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: hawk3
What do you mean by a prepped block?
I can get the 3.0 block from a local junkyard but what will I have to have done to it.
This is covered.........

1) Plug 2 Oil return holes
2) Plug 1 oil feed
3) Cut 1 ear off the plug
4) Remove Bushing from crank, unless planning on using with an ATX

1 - 16 of 16 Posts