New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I should be getting the Tundra VERY soon :biggrin: but I decided to go with an 06 instead of a new one. No reason to spend that much when I don't have to.

So, if I'm able to get it down there, do you really think you'd be able to tune it? I've been trying to get a hold of Battleground here in Atlanta but they don't seem to be answering email so a visit may be necessary. I know they'll be able to do it but it'll probably cost me quite a bit. Do you have confidence in tuning for Meth injection?
Never tune for meth injection... tuned for nitrous injection lol

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Never tune for meth injection... tuned for nitrous injection lol
I'm just go ahead and take it to a local place..... I also picked up my truck today :cool: pics to come soon

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
awesome patiently waiting for all the pics of everything....wish i was around to help..aaron christian has all the manuals and the 3L specs for torque and all of that. from when i did my 3L build. I gave him every friggin thing i owned for that car

*on a side note...Im at a lost of what the hell is going on with red....hopefully you have the magic touch if he can get it to you..and isn't nitrous close to meth injection?

·
Registered
996 Posts
isn't nitrous close to meth injection?
Cough* cough* no Cough*

Nitrous can however give a much BIGGER boost in power than other forms of tuning. Not only that but it can be used on otherwise stock cars. When correctly set up on any road car there will be no engine wear penalty and it is completely safe. Typically different types of tuning give at best the following approx power increases: Other advantage is that once switched off, the cars is completely original. No bad idle, no fuel economy losses or emission changes, and it will be as smooth and quiet as a stock vehicle should be.

Alcohol/water injection is a method for cooling the combustion chambers of engines by adding methanol/water mix to the incoming air-fuel mixture. This allows for greater compression ratios and largely eliminating the problem of engine knocking due to detonation. Many alcohol-water injection systems use a mixture of water and alcohol (usually 50/50), partly because the alcohol is combustible and will raise the octane level of the fuel. While water is not combustible, it has a greater capacity to cool the intake air temps down more than methanol alone. This effectively increases the octane rating of the fuel allowing performance gains to be obtained when used in conjunction with a supercharger or turbocharger, altered spark ignition timing, and increased boost levels

basically the more compression ratio you have the harder it will hit and aka faster.... meth is what nhra dragsters run... reason why your eyes water up after a good burnout at the tracks...

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
someone was paying attention in class... good plepulls

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
now that i have the tools necessary to do what i want to do, i'm going to start this thread. It's gonna be a few months process, but i'll update with pics each step of the way.

Tonight: Continue grinding away on the intake/exhaust ports of the 3l block that i've had for 3+ years now! Watchout brent... I'm coming for ya! :evil:
what happened to pictures every step of the way??

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I hate taking time outs for pics...

I'll try to be better about it this time around.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
so whats in the works with the two cougars...making a drag car now?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts