New Cougar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a 00' Cougar get up to 300 hp with a super charger? I barely know crap about cars so bare with me i'm learning. BTW is there like a website that lists all the terms and basically a Cars for dumbies site? I am really interested since turning 16 and want to know what you guys are talking about in here.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to NECO!

Here's a helpful link to learn bout engines and turbochargers and such.
Just type in what you want to learn about.
Taken from the leader of NECO-FastCougar's signature

How Stuff Works

There's a 3.0l section and a forced induction section as i'm sure
you have seen as well. You'll learn a lot there

Ask questions, there is no such thing as a dumb question (unless it pertains to Altezza's :biggrin: )

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
300 hp is attainable with a supercharger.. in fact there was a 3.0 S/C cougar with over 300hp

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But wouldn't it cost a hell of a lot of money to get up to 300hp. Whats the price range?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
well the supercharger alone is gonna run you over $3K, not including labor. Then you have to upgrade other parts like the basic intake, exhaust, & headers, transmission upgrades are also a must, with that much hp you'll definitely want the tranny to be stable. Then there's the 3.0L engine you can drop in...not sure how much one of these costs or how much labor would be, but I'm sure it's a lot. I wanna say $7K will get you to 300hp, but I bet it's more, especially if you have shops work on your car.

Mike

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
SuperCharger 3500$
3L Engine Swap w/ PnP Heads 3000$
LSD (Installed) 800$
Clutch / Flywheel 800$
Fluids 200$
Chip 200$
Just Because (**** happens) 500$

9000$ gets you going real fast.... 300hp fast.... mind you a few more transmission driveline mods should be made also to get the power to the ground effectively, that that setup there will let you put 300hp to the ground....

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
And for a third of that, you can have a much faster car OTHER than a Cougar. But being the fastest Cougar would be sweet....now wouldn't it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Didn't I read somewhere that they are not making a supercharger for the cougar anymore.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Arskiracer put down 259 FWHP with a 2.5SVT SC. I believe Kinger put down 303? FWHP out of his 3.0L SC and then had it tuned down for safety. I believe EternalOne has Kingers motor now and is having Terry Haines put even more into it to produce more power.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yea, hopefully it should be around 300, me and a friend is gonna get a custom procharger supercharger. itll be around 4500 for it alone, and waterver other mods that are gonna need 2 be done.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Yup, SC'd 3L will get you over 300hp, if built properly. Good thing that Kinger has an awesome base for me to begin with. I believe he had $12k into the motor/tranny setup, though. (Could be off here, we'll have to see what he says.)

E1

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*faintly reminded of 3.0L supercharged cougar eliminator project reviewed in some major car magazine...*

someone remembers it, right... some ford project... zinc yellow with 18" polished fork-spoke wheels... ran low 14s burning tires through second gear, something about the fastest 30-60 time for a v6... (something like that)

i'll dig around for the article, it wasn't technical or anything but it was definitely cool to read...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am running Procharger set up on my 2.5l and hopefully I'll get it to the dyno for some numbers in the spring; let me know if you need any help or suggestions with the build.

edit: Also check out here.. Its a supercharger kit made by a memeber here, BlackCoog, that uses a Vortech headunit. He has a build thread in the Forced Induction section if you want more info on it.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Lolfett

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.