New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has installed these? I want to get a set but have no idea where to attach the rear harness bracket. I imagine I could use the point in the back where the belts buckle but it is off center and I would like to get the harness with the lock up reel. Any info?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have them for my racing seats. I had a custom bracket made for them out of L bar steel. Then just drilled a hole in the middle for them, and attatche them to old seatbelt places on the outside, and a custom bracket on the brackets for the seats. If you do not have racing seats, then just say no to this idea.

You can attatch them off center like that but its not recommended.

On my drivers side I have a total custom setup with everything attatche to the brackets and floor boards so in some case I do race or something like that, Im totally strapped in.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Mine is attached to a custom bar I made that spans between both back seat latches.
Most manufacturers recommend that You shouldn't tie it down below 5 degrees down from horizontal.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I have Scroth 3 point harnesses... I have the rear strap mounted to the C pillar and the other 2 mounted to the custom seat brackets..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts