New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a summitracing book and it has a 3 point weapon r harness and a R.J.S. 5 point harness I can mount to the floor is there any danger using any of these harness for soloII racing and every day driving with out a roll cage and using the stock seat from the looks of weapon r they are using a stock seat in the pic

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the main thing I want to know is it saft to use these harness with out a roll cage and stock seats I was in a car with a 5 point harness and I like the feel of it its better then the belt going across ur chest and the harness will keep u in the seat better Im just checking to see if there is any danger with using the harness with stock seat

G

·
You gotta make sure the harness is mounted at the right angles, or it'll snap some bones and/or pop out of the floor/pillars during a collision. That's the main thing to check when you're installing it. The roll cage helps just because it _should_ have proper mounting points, but as long as the guy who's installing it knows what he's doing you shouldn't have any problems

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
that's what i was just going to say... it's safe as long as you mount it at the right angles and locations... get it done profesionally... most race shops should do this...

go spend a night at your local racetrack if you don't know of any... most race cars will be sponsored by them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.