New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that it has been a while since I last posted in the 3.0L section of this forum, I wanted to get an update on what type of numbers 3.0L owners are seeing on the dyno.

For those of you who dont know yet, the Mazda6s 3.0L that we are using for prodcut development just dynoed 199.2whp with intake, MSDS Headers, and 2.5" exhaust. We have performed no air/fuel tuning as of yet, the engine is running on 87 octane, and we still have no way to tune the computer. We will soon be connecting an apexi S-AFC to take care of the very rich fuel mixture. As soon as we have a way to tune these new computers, we will of course switch to that method.

Im just curious to see how the 5 speed Mazda6s compares to 5 speed Cougars/Contours with the 3.0L engine swap performed.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: Draxas
Seeing that it has been a while since I last posted in the 3.0L section of this forum, I wanted to get an update on what type of numbers 3.0L owners are seeing on the dyno.

For those of you who dont know yet, the Mazda6s 3.0L that we are using for prodcut development just dynoed 199.2whp with intake, MSDS Headers, and 2.5" exhaust. We have performed no air/fuel tuning as of yet, the engine is running on 87 octane, and we still have no way to tune the computer. We will soon be connecting an apexi S-AFC to take care of the very rich fuel mixture. As soon as we have a way to tune these new computers, we will of course switch to that method.

Im just curious to see how the 5 speed Mazda6s compares to 5 speed Cougars/Contours with the 3.0L engine swap performed.

Nikolas
I have not dyno'd since my first chip revision, but I expect to be in the range of 210fwp.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
from what i've read, that's about right. to reach 200 fwhp, one just needs intake/headers/exhaust with a 3.0L. SVT heads and a chip up the numbers even more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts