New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During downshifting from 3-2, it shifts very very hard, sometimes it is impossible to shift and this is at low speed 15-35...why the hell does it do that?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Think that's just the way it works. Something to do with the speed matching up for lower gears. I've felt that also mainly when I downshift early for a turn and keep the clutch in and coast to slow.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You could be damaging the syncros if you're forcing it during a 3-2 down shift. Does it sound like a quick grind before it pops in gear? You should blip the throttle to bring the RPM's up a little.....and then down shift............that may help.

·
Registered
832 Posts
"Granny shiftin, not double clutching like you should.":tongue:

Seriously though, downshifting is where double clutching could come in handy. You might want to try that next time you do that kind of downshift. Just, incase you don't know what double clutching is, clutch in...shift into neutral...clutch out then back in...then downshift. Might.....help?

Maybe this needs to be moved to tranny forum?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Originally posted by: Seawulf
"Granny shiftin, not double clutching like you should.":tongue:

Seriously though, downshifting is where double clutching could come in handy. You might want to try that next time you do that kind of downshift. Just, incase you don't know what double clutching is, clutch in...shift into neutral...clutch out then back in...then downshift. Might.....help?

Maybe this needs to be moved to tranny forum?
that's what i was just thinkin...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts