New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I raced a 240SX from 2 lights and a roll. I won by obnoxious lengths every time! I actually thought that he would have kept up better. After our last race from the roll, we pulled into a gas station and talked for a little while. He was actually pretty cool - not like most of the people that you beat and they flip you off! He had an intake and an exhaust, and claimed to have headers - but I didn't see any... It was dark though, and I only got a breif look at his engine - so maybe I just missed them? Anyways, headers or no headers I am still proud of this one!

N

·
0 Posts
dude can you give me more info on the year , style, engine? I know a guy with an 89 beater 240 with a 5 speed , that constantly rags on everyones car including mine. I want to race him so bad now. When did you spray?

The guy in my town definatly doesnt have an SR20, he used to have the KA motor but now he might have the RB20? Not sure....

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
nice kill, those cars arent too quick stock.

dgnz: if he doesnt have the KA, and not an SR20, it could be the skyline RB25 or RB26, it is almost a direct swap...doesnt it make you sick?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
dude can you give me more info on the year , style, engine? I know a guy with an 89 beater 240 with a 5 speed , that constantly rags on everyones car including mine. I want to race him so bad now. When did you spray?

The guy in my town definatly doesnt have an SR20, he used to have the KA motor but now he might have the RB20? Not sure....
I know absolutely nothing about Nissan's! I wish I could be more help as to the engine, but all I really looked at were the bolt ons! I didn't ask what year it was, but it looked maybe 8-10 years old or so. Either that or it may be older but just been taken care of. Off the line at the lights I sprayed the whole way through 2nd, and didn't even have to use it in 3rd cause I was so far ahead. From the roll I sprayed as soon as we started racing. It amounted to a good win for me... I wish I could help you out on comparing it to the guy you know, but as I said - I don't know anything about Nissan's!

·
Registered
506 Posts
There are a lot of guys who drop motors and turbos in those cars. My friend has a 97 and its pretty stock, but he is getting some V6 turbo motor for it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I ripped my buddys 240sx atx with my car completely stock. i always thought they were quick cars til i took him by 3-4 car lengths.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
watch out for modified ones though.. I got ripped a new one in a rolling race.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yeha the stock 240sx are realy slow but if you go against one that has the sr20det engine swap watch out. that engine cand put out 230-250hp stock.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah, a Cougar with Nitrous should stomp a lightly moded 240sx. If it had an SR20 swap then it should beat a Cougar.

The stock KA engine is a sturdy unit. Just add 7psi of boost and it will run mid 13s. 240sx are defenitly going to become the new hot property in the tuner world, if they're not already.

If I knew then what I know now about cars my first car would have been a early 90s 240sx.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yeah man I am with you I just bout a '89 240 it will be going to the shop in 2 weeks to get the sr20det black top installed. :biggrin:

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Last night I raced a 240SX from 2 lights and a roll. I won by obnoxious lengths every time! I actually thought that he would have kept up better. After our last race from the roll, we pulled into a gas station and talked for a little while. He was actually pretty cool - not like most of the people that you beat and they flip you off! He had an intake and an exhaust, and claimed to have headers - but I didn't see any... It was dark though, and I only got a breif look at his engine - so maybe I just missed them? Anyways, headers or no headers I am still proud of this one!
Header, not headers. It's an inline-4, so it can only have one header.

Stock motor for these is the KA24(?) I believe. 2.4L inline 4 Nissan truck motor. In Japan, the JDM spec motor in the Silvia (US 240SX) is the SR20DE or SR20DET (2.0L inline 4, and 2.0L Inline 4 turbocharged).

It's pretty common for tuners to swap out the stock KA24 motor for the SR20DET motor imported from Japan, but if he had no turbo then more than likely he had the stock motor with some mods. Torquey and fun, but not high in the revs or horsepower...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts