New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I'm very confused. A tire guy recommended this size as best to replace my stock 215/50/16's. It doesn't match up with this forum at all. The 225/60/15 size isn't mentioned anywhere in current or archived threads. It leads me to believe this guy has made a mistake. What would this size do to my car? Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
225 50 16 is the size you want.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If your car is lowered, it may rub in the rear....
Otherwise, they will just look a little big, on a small rim
the will overlap the sides a little more, yet more traction

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
and also throw off your speedo....

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yes, but our analog speedos are 2 mph slow. Thus, making us going closer to the speed limit.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
It is a physical impossibility for 225/60/15 tires to fit on 16" wheels. The inner diameter of a 225/60/15 tire is 15 inches. Have you ever tried to shove a 16" wide wheel into a 15" wide opening? Doesn't really work. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it's impossible. He must have meant 225/50/16. Too many numbers for the guy. I didn't do any business with him. :crazy:
Thanks to this forum, I've been able to educate myself enough to wade through that kind of bad info. I actually settled on a 205/55/16 size - just my particular preference. I endured two flats with my Firestone stock tires with less than 30k on them...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 16 in wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts