·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Nice, I gotta get me one of those :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Congrats Thomas!!!!

I just talked to Keyser and he's pretty sure he can make some worthwile gains with the chip since you're running a pretty safe tune at the moment as far as timing goes, plus with that A/F he can add more fuel as well.

BTW, for those who don't know the conversion. Figuring an 18% driveline loss Tom just hit 260 HP at the crank! Way to go man!

Rick

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: Buckshot77
Congrats Thomas!!!!

I just talked to Keyser and he's pretty sure he can make some worthwile gains with the chip since you're running a pretty safe tune at the moment as far as timing goes, plus with that A/F he can add more fuel as well.
Yeah it could use some more fuel between 4K-5.5k

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
What did the guys at the dyno shop think of the car?

Also, how many miles are on the engine now?

Rick

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Those are some great numbers!
We have an IDENTICAL setup, I haven't dyno'ed since Keyser sent me my original program.
I'm very curious as to what the purple coug is putting down!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
What Y-Pipe/Cat setup are you running?
Did you perform any mods to your LIM/UIM?

What injectors are you running?

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
Wow kickass numbers! The chip really didn't seem to do much though. I don't see how the chip is worth it when you could just tweek the fuel with the apexi for less. Your running 19lb injectors right? What MAF? Is the car returnless? Make sure you monitor your engine temps the hybrid gets hot. CougarGT and I have our work cut out for us if we are going to beat those numbers :).

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: Blackcoog
Wow kickass numbers! The chip really didn't seem to do much though. I don't see how the chip is worth it when you could just tweek the fuel with the apexi for less. Your running 19lb injectors right? What MAF? Is the car returnless? Make sure you monitor your engine temps the hybrid gets hot. CougarGT and I have our work cut out for us if we are going to beat those numbers :).
I think its all in the chip :)

I should be dynoing within the next couple of weeks.
Keyser has his work cut out for him also :biggrin:

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
The 1st chart shows:
213.8FWHP- 191.1FWTQ with chip
212.3FWHP- 189.0.1FWTQ without the chip
How is it in the chip if it barely made a difference in the dyno runs? I would have expected the torque to drop dramatically without the chip in there and the hp a bit to. I wonder if the computer needed to be reset on the run without the chip.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
WOW FINALLY!!! I knew that we had lots of power in our heads and looks like we finally are getting close to a program!! WOO HOO!!!!!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
The 1st chart shows:
213.8FWHP- 191.1FWTQ with chip
212.3FWHP- 189.0.1FWTQ without the chip
How is it in the chip if it barely made a difference in the dyno runs? I would have expected the torque to drop dramatically without the chip in there and the hp a bit to. I wonder if the computer needed to be reset on the run without the chip.
The reason is, this is an untuned chip with a very safe program in regards to timing advance. I specifically asked Keyser to neuter it so the engine would have a good break-in period. Also, if you look at the A/F ratio it is in need of a little more fuel as well. I see him putting down close to 220 at the wheels once the chip is tuned. Remember, this was just the initial dyno to get the base numbers and A/F ratio for the retune.

Rick

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
I need SVT Cams !!! :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by: Buckshot77
What did the guys at the dyno shop think of the car?

Also, how many miles are on the engine now?

Rick
They liked my paint job more than hp they see 400hp bests in there everyday. They got 500hp Firebird Trans Am
parked in the garage.
the engine got about 3800 miles now

Originally posted by: CougarGT
What Y-Pipe/Cat setup are you running?
Did you perform any mods to your LIM/UIM?

What injectors are you running?
I got msds y-pipe with stock cat, soon I will get the new re desined trubendz y-pipe with removable cat. Im runing19lbs injectors

just . Your running 19lb injectors right? What MAF? Is the car returnless? Make sure you monitor your engine temps the hybrid gets hot. CougarGT and I have our work cut out for us if we are going to beat those numbers :).
19lbs injectors/stock MAF/Returnless
Also im planing to put lower temperature thermostat and GMK Intake to get fresh air during those hot summer months.

Also Like Rick said the chip was burned just for air/fuel ratio now that the engine got some miles we can play with timing. Another Dyno coming in the spring.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Congrats on that...

and yeah, that power curve is very very smooth. It actually looks like a perfect replica of the old Dyno, just bumped up a tad. No weird dips or spikes.

Well, glad to see it was all worth it in the end.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by: pgtatx
that power curve is very very smooth. It actually looks like a perfect replica of the old Dyno, just bumped up a tad. No weird dips or spikes.
They used smoothing options on the program that they run Im sure it wasn't that smooth.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Do you have the HP vs Torque vs A/F breakdowns by RPM?
Like this:

I'd like to plot them Excel if you are cool with that. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts