New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 215's on my car now, and im about to order new tires, im getting Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's because they're cheap and good in snow, however the the 215s are pretty pricey whereas the 205s and 225s are the same price (lower then the 215's) my only ordeal is which size? i have the 16in sport package rims, my car is totally stock with a CAI, i plan on selling the car in the spring but the tires i have now wont get me through the winter...so which size?

· Registered
7,191 Posts
I have always replaced my tires with 225, and they do just fine in the snow even with the extra width.

· Registered
326 Posts
i just put a set of 225/50 sumitomo's on the coug that I bought off of tirerack. The weird thing is I used to use Khumo's and they never rubbed but now the sumitomo's do. eh. They do have excellent deals there and one of there wherehouses is in Nevada so super cheap shipping to the Bay.

· is a pop sensation
17,170 Posts
Just because two tires are listed as the same size doesn't mean they actually are the same size (except wheel diameter). They get listed under nominal sizes, but there is a bit of variation from tire model to tire model.

· Registered
3,220 Posts
If your looking for snow tires you want a smaller tire like 205's. If your looking for better traction and such you want 225's, hands down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.