New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pre-order & voting for the 2010 NECO Calendar is open!

- Please read the complete info below -​

Quality of photos: Submitted photos must be a minimum of 2048 × 1536 300 dpi, higher resolution the better, and suitable for being displayed horizontally. Photos below the minimum requirements - or otherwise not able to be printed well, will not be included in the final voting.

Quantity of photos: Up to three photos can be submitted of each car. If you own multiple cougars, three photos can be submitted of each. If you have a photo of another member's car that you would like to submit, you will have to gain their permission for it to be submitted. If you have a photo of your car taken by someone else, you must also gain their permission prior to submitting.

Submitting Photos: The 2010 Calendar Gallery is set up for you to post your photos to. Photos between 2048 × 1536 300 dpi and 3300x3300 (5MB max file size) can be posted directly to the gallery. If your originals are larger, please post a reduced sized copy and PM Goldie to coordinate getting me your original hi-res image, or if you have any other issues posting your photos. As this is a NECO calendar, non-Cougar images will be accepted as long as it is a car currently owned by a NECO member :). In the last couple years, we have had US, Canada and Australian cars - would be great to get some UK/Euro members included.

Naming Files: Each image uploaded to the Gallery is to follow the following naming convension: "Username-#.jpg" with the # being either '1', '2', or '3'. If you have images of more than one car being submitted, naming would be "Username-A#.jpg" for car "A", "Username-B#.jpg" for car "B", etc...

Deadline: Photos must be submitted by September 15th, 2009, 11:59pm Pacific Time.

Voting: Each person who pre-orders a 2010 calendar will have the opportunity to place 13 votes for the photos to be included in the final calendar. Pre-orders can be placed now and go thru October 15th. Pre-order pricing is $20.00 for US/Canada. Calendars will be available for the full price of $25.00 US/Canada after October 15th. Shipping included in the price. Shipping beyond US/Canada will be an additional $5.00, discounts available for purchasing multiple copies - contact Goldie prior to sending your payment. After purchasing your pre-order calendar, choose your favorite 13 images and PM Goldie the image names.
The Paypal form has a space to enter your User Name. Please do, so the money sent can be matched with you here.

Order Form Link (if you've previously been to this page, please name sure to refresh your browser so it includes the current form).

Suggestions: Here's the shots that made it into the 2008 & 2009 Calendars. All of the shots are unique, colorful, have the Cougar as the main focus of the image and at an interesting angle or viewpoint. Submitted photos should not include people with the car. Try and avoid having distracting things in the background (other cars, street signs, power poles/wires, etc). And have a photographically sound image (in focus, correct exposure, good contrast, sky not washed out, etc).

Final Selected Photos & the small print: By submitting your car's photo(s), you give the authority for it to be used in the 2010 NECO Calendar. If you were not the original photographer, you have gain permission from the photographer for it's use in the calendar with no compensation besides the honor of being one of few included. If your photos were taken by a professional photographer, a photo release may be required prior to it's use in the calendar. It is the car owners responsibility to obtain this if requested, and if you are not able to, the photo may be excluded. The final photos likely will have some slight photoshop touch-up done to get them print ready. The placement of the final photos will be done based on the season the photo was taken in, the colors and what makes sense for each month.

In order for more people to afford the 2010 calendar, they will cost less than the previous years while still having a profit to go toward Cougarfest door prizes. This means, the calendar will have a photo for each month, with a calendar grid incorporated into the image. This will make the calendar have half as many sheets to be printed and be much more economical while still getting an 8 1/2 x 11 shot of a car for each month.
exact pricing will be announced prior to the pre-order.

·
8,512 Posts
Will it have the proper number of days each month? :cover:

·
Registered
500 Posts
so i can go out and submit 3 pictures of my coug even though its not as highly modified like everyone elses?

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
totally agree with Jaged! the amount of modification really is not what makes a photo stand out. There have been plenty of photos of highly modified cougars that got votes only from it's owner - while nearly stock photos with overwhelming number of votes.

The pix I submitted for 2006 got in and the only exterior stuff was wheels, springs and tint. that year, I think mine was the only without a body kit. So, find a good location and know what will look good on paper :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
just under 2 weeks left to submit photos, and currently there are only 3 cars with photos up, so get them in!
OOOO I can get mine in.. Have to go get a warsh and wax and get some night shots done.

·
THE NECO Newfie
1,762 Posts
Goldie, I sent you a PM about having difficulty uploading my pics.

I don't think I'm too fond of the idea of having the pictures with a grid over them. But, I guess this is a fundraiser, and whatever is best for raising more funds for Cougarfest.

·
Registered
271 Posts
stupid gallery wont let me upload a photo
Are the pics 1-1.8ish MB in size? I was having some trouble uploading too, but I just made the jpg smaller. :shrug:

I really like that pic in your sig!

·
THE NECO Newfie
1,762 Posts
It says in the OP that 5mb or less is accepted. I'd rather not use my lame image editing software to change the quality of the pics given to me by my photographer :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
It says in the OP that 5mb or less is accepted. I'd rather not use my lame image editing software to change the quality of the pics given to me by my photographer :(
I can see your point. My internet connection must be weird, because every time I tried to upload the full res version, it said "Invalid File", but the second I shrunk it a little bit, it worked! :confused:

·
8,512 Posts
im looking for some high res versions of some action shots
I'm planning to put a couple of my AutoX pictures in.

·
Administrator
24,337 Posts
Gotta wash, wax, and shoot like crazy this weekend. Look for some new stuff on Monday...

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm planning to put a couple of my AutoX pictures in.
is that "legal"? i thought it was 3 images per car?
Jaged is correct. If you have photos of others you would like to submit, you need to get their permission, because we are only allowing 3 images to be submitted per car, and while you might have an awesome photo of someone elses car, they may already have photos they've chosen to submit, or might only want one submitted to increase their chances instead of having voters choose between three ;)

I was out yesterday, and have now answered the PMs received about having issues uploading. if anyone else has problems, PM me.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts