1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The photo submission for the 2009 NECO Calendar

- Please read the complete info below -​

Photo Submission is closed

Quality of photos: Submitted photos must be a minimum of 2048 × 1536 300 dpi and suitable for being displayed horizontally. Photos below the minimum requirements - or otherwise not able to be printed well, will not be included in the final voting.

Quantity of photos: Up to three photos can be submitted of each car. If you own multiple cougars, three photos can be submitted of each. If you have a photo of another member's car that you would like to submit, you will have to gain their permission for it to be submitted.

Submitting Photos: The 2009 Calendar Gallery is set up for you to post your photos to. Photos up to 5MB, 3300x3300 can be posted directly to the gallery. If your originals are larger, please post a reduced sized copy and PM me to coordinate getting me your original hi-res image, or if you have any other issues posting your photos. As this is a NECO calendar, non-Cougar images will be accepted as long as is is a car owned by a NECO member :)

Naming Files: Each image uploaded to the Gallery is to follow the following naming convension: "Username-#.jpg" with the # being either '1', '2', or '3'. If you have images of more than one car being submitted, naming would be "Username-A#.jpg" for car "A", "Username-B#.jpg" for car "B", etc...

Deadline: Photos must be submitted by September 15th, 11:59pm Pacific Time.

Voting: Each person who pre-orders a 2009 calendar will have the opportunity to place 13 votes for the photos to be included in the final calendar. prebuy will begin September15th and go thru October 15th for $27.00 (US/Canada). Calendars will be available for the full price of $35.00 after October 15th. Shipping included in the price, discounts available for purchasing multiple copies. After purchasing your pre-order calendar from the previous link, choose your favorite 13 images and PM Goldie the image names.
The Paypal form has a space to enter your User Name. Please do so the money sent can be matched with you here.

Suggestions: Here's the shots that made it into the 2008 Calendar (if you don't own one, I still have some available!). All of the shots are unique, colorful, have the Cougar as the main focus of the image and at an interesting angle or viewpoint. Try and avoid having distracting things in the background (other cars, street signs, power poles/wires, etc). And have a photographically sound image (in focus, correct exposure, good contrast, sky not washed out, etc).

Final Selected Photos & small print: By submitting your car's photo(s), you give the authority for it to be used in the 2009 NECO Calendar. If you were not the original photographer, you have gain permission from the photographer for it's use in the calendar with no compensation besides the honor of being one of few included. If your photos were taken by a professional photographer, a photo release may be required prior to it's use in the calendar. It is the car owners responsibility to obtain this if requested, and if you are not able to, the photo may be excluded. The final photos likely will have some slight photoshop touch-up done by myself or JScullin to get them print ready. The placement of the final photos will be done based on the season the photo was taken in, the colors and what makes sense for each month.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for organising this on Goldie! Good to see there'll be another Cougar calendar for next year :) Can't wait.

Dan

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
yeah but boo all in the same sentence

im not scheduled to be home till oct...i guess i will have to wait till 2010 calender

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I've got some ideas for some shots, I just need to get a decent layer of paint on my car and I should be able to get some good pictures to submit this year (something besides my license plate not even on the car, lol).

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Sooo...Do I need Bobby's permission for this photo even though its my car?:tongue:

J/K Thanks for making another calender Goldie...Ah crap my 08 is still on May:banghead:

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Sooo...Do I need Bobby's permission for this photo even though its my car?:tongue:

J/K Thanks for making another calender Goldie...Ah crap my 08 is still on May:banghead:
It took me about 5 minutes of looking at that pic to figure out what the hell you were talking about.:rofl:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: * 2009 * NECO Calendar Info ! UPDATED 7/16/08

Trying to upload pics in the gallery and keep getting "invalid file" Is it working for everyone else?

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Trying to upload pics in the gallery and keep getting "invalid file" Is it working for everyone else?
PM'd you. for others, please make sure your image you are uploading is within the file size & pixel limits. I and FastCougar was able to post images, so should be good for others.

If you are needing to reduce your image to be able to upload it, please PM me so you can get me the full sized original.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Would it be alright to post up the pictures non-consecutively? At the moment I have one photo I'd like to submit, but if I take two others some time in the future for inclusion, can I upload them later so long as they meet the naming and file size requirements?

Or is it better to save them all up and just upload the three at once?

Dan

·
Registered
277 Posts
Re: * 2009 * NECO Calendar Info ! UPDATED 7/29/08

WHERE ARE EVERYONE'S PIC'S?????!!!!!!!!!
Come on guys...only a few days left.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts