New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Thank GOD someone else asked before I did, its been all I could do to keep from asking.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Come on now... it hasn't even been a week. A lot more planning goes into everything than just picking a place and date. For example, the IRP has a Super Chevy show every year that is their main show. We'd have to pick a date after them, and that's if we are indeed going to do everything in Indy again. You have to trust the committee on where, because the last time we did everything democratically we ended up in Virginia Beach, with the lowest turnout out of the 4 CougarFests I've attended.

Tracks finalize their 2006 schedules by October. We have to look into all the possible options, because the times of using raffles to pay for the majority of the track have pretty much run out. So please be patient, but I'm still exhausted, Crispy ran herself into the ground right before Fest, and Brad's been getting back into the swing of things. EricF? Piss him off and he'll shoot laser beams at you from his freaky blue eyes. Plus, we'll have Trevor and hopefully Pierre back next year.

I was going through my garage yesterday and found an 8X10 of all the cars in the lot at CougarFest 2002. Even though 2004 and 2005 were more successful in terms of activities and so forth, we still had the most Cougars in 2002. If you want to think about next year start recruiting, because that's what I want to shoot for-- the most cars and most people yet. :cool:

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
I applaud you sir.

So yeah, Don, when are we going to see times, dates and locations for 2006? Huh? Huh? Huh? Come on man, it's been almost a week already! Come on!

:cover: :tongue:

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
...EricF? Piss him off and he'll shoot laser beams at you from his freaky blue eyes..
Not sure what worries me more the fact that you think I'm an angry person or
the fact that you look in my eyes all the time... ;)
just kidding, now for the super powers... I'm not allowed to talk about those.

But as Don stated, there is alot of planning that goes on behind the scenes

On a serious note, we DO take your comments and suggestions seriously.
so while this might or might not be the appropriate thread for this, when the time
comes, feel free to let us know either publically or privately your thoughts for improvement
or whatever, we are not elusive.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I'm not trying to be pushy about it or anything, just . . . not being able to go this year, while not unexpected, was still a bitter disappointment for me. I know its only been a week, and I know everyone needs some down time to recover, and I'd like to just say THANK YOU to EVERYONE who helps put the event together and keep it going. When the time comes, I'd be more than happy to help out in any way, shape or form that I can. So don't be afraid to let ME know either.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
Well Ive been to Indy 3yrs in a row now HCKC, CF04, CF05. Eventhough I like having it there since its close for me, I think a change of pace is in order. I think that if we could find a place near St Louis or in Ohio(still centrally located and both have substancial tracks). Or even PA since there is a lot of track locations there.

Another thought would be to come back to Indy every other, or every 3rd year since we have good relationships with the hotel/track. And once we get a couple good locations we could just rotate.

any way the organizers will do another great job

Just my $.02

·
Some day
2,002 Posts
i'm going to Hamillfest pending the completion of my car.

oh and i was being facetious with my previous post.

also, finally, i was talking to giggle on monday and she was telling me about JetFest (the Focus group get together) which was held in south bend indiana on Tire Racks facilities. she said they had their own track and they gave away a lot of cool crap. i'm not sure about the specifics but what about looking into having tire rack sponsor us? i'm thinking since our car is dead they wouldn't, but just throwing out some thoughts

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I'm allocating a week's worth of vacation to Fest next summer, so no matter where it is, I'm in.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Slurpee, possible Sonza and myself are gonna try and hit H F ... not sure how many cougars will make it. We might cut back on the number so we can split the driving, well that and with my electrical hell and slurppees not completely finished 3L who knows what will be able to make it heh.

If the powers that be want to and things work out that way, and we actually do St Louis, just shoot me a PM ill do anything i can to help. Im not saying we should, Gateway isn't the biggest chapter and were not the most active (unless you count the sites biggest thread as being active :) ) so i can see why not to do it here. But it is a central location and we could have alot of fun here. Id love to see a group shot of 100 cougars in front of the arch :)

Ill be at CF where ever it is and i plan on having fun the whole time.

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
take it as a compliment that people are wanting to go to Cougar Fest next year. It means w/a low turnout Cougar Fest still was awesome!

Whereever it is.. i will still go to Cougar Fest. Just tell me when and where! :) It is the highlight of my year, every year!

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
I'll go to CF where ever/whenever, but I also think mixing up the site where its held would help. Some people might be tempted to pass on going if they think well I was there last year. A lot of people plan their vacations around CF and don't want to go to the same place every year.

But where ever, I will be there. Cept maybe California, those people are just too crazy . . .

·
Got Jell-o?
5,308 Posts
I think we should start raffles for next years CF asap. Maybe, after Labour Day. Just a thought. Also, just my 2cents, I think we should raffle off registration packages near the begining, instead of the end.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Even though I wasn't able to make it this year, I agree that a change of location would be nice, but we must still have a track day where ever we go.

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: LadyX
I think we should start raffles for next years CF asap. Maybe, after Labour Day. Just a thought. Also, just my 2cents, I think we should raffle off registration packages near the begining, instead of the end.
Good idea, however without knowing the cost of registration that might be tough ;). Just don't make fest TOO much farther east. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I was going through my garage yesterday and found an 8X10 of all the cars in the lot at CougarFest 2002. Even though 2004 and 2005 were more successful in terms of activities and so forth, we still had the most Cougars in 2002. If you want to think about next year start recruiting, because that's what I want to shoot for-- the most cars and most people yet. :cool:
cf2k2 was the best cougarfest EVAR! that is all i have to say about that.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.