New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the third Z06 I've seen on ebay selling for way over the sticker on the car. I know the car is still rare, but c'mon, you've got to be an idiot to pay over $80,000 when the car's window sticker has a price of around $71,000.

Here's an example.

Mike

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
This is the third Z06 I've seen on ebay selling for way over the sticker on the car. I know the car is still rare, but c'mon, you've got to be an idiot to pay over $80,000 when the car's window sticker has a price of around $71,000.

Here's an example.

Mike
You haven't seen the markup on the Ford GT's then man . . . thats peanuts, even when you consider it as a percentage.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Just wait until the Zo6 killer comes out. 100k price tag but hey 600hp out of a supercharged zo6 is worth it in some peoples eyes.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
i think it is selling actually, read the auction... but in my opinion, if I had the money and didnt want to wait, id do it. Corvettes are my favorite of all cars, and especially that yellow

The only thing that car needs is a louder exhaust, and nicer wheels.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nothing new at all. Dealers and private sellers have always marked up the price. Especially on new and rare models. Hell, I remeber when they overmarked the Thunderbird when it was redone to about 50+k.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess it's worth it. I just read today in MotorTrend that the Z06 actually has 550hp, not the advertised 505. That's insane. So for $80,000, you can buy a car with a n/a engine that will smoke the new Viper and even the supercharged Ford GT!

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
I think what bothers consumers is the gouging. All it takes is one dumbass to drop 30K over sticker on a car and before you know it, everyone selling one THINKS that their car is worth that much and so the market is created. A good example is GM's employee pricing ... same theory, different direction. They lowered prices and in order to simply get new cars off the lot and NOT have to shut down plants, all other domestic makers HAD to follow suit ... GM made the market. They have since stopped this "sale", but now just in order to bleed less red ink than normal, all the domestic makers are now offering large rebates of old. Well, I'm getting OT, but you get the idea. Is the car worth $80K ... not in my eyes. If the dealer invoice says $57,525 it's not worth much more in my eyes ... I don't see the need to pad the wallet of a dealership who has never seen the need to pad mine. We are talking about a car with an invoice of $57,525 and an MSRP of $65,000 ... that's already a net profit to the dealer of $7,475!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Actually the Z06 is faster off the line, but the Ford GT hits A NEW TOP SPEED OF 211, the Z06 maxxes at 198.
Viper is slower than both, better skidpad i believe.

Originally posted by: sonza68
That's pretty much true of all vettes since '68.
"sure they made corvettes after 68... but who cares?"

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I love going fast as the next guy.... However, I have driven my dads C5 corvette. At 350 HP you really dont need to go much faster. At 350Hp that car was sick fast, like get you in trouble really easy fast.

I really see no point in a Z06 "smoking" any other car. No one on a regular street or even highway will ever be able to reach the potential that 550hp can give. Its just over kill.

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
There's always a racetrack though. On some of the longer ones, you can really open up a powerful car.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Those are gorgoeus. You know what was crazy though.. the other day I turned right going to work... and there was a dark red c6 pulling up to the light.. he looked over at my car and actually turned his head to keep looking. I found that ironic.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
those things look pretty damn sweet in silver with the oem gunmetal wheels.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Well I guess it's worth it. I just read today in MotorTrend that the Z06 actually has 550hp, not the advertised 505. That's insane. So for $80,000, you can buy a car with a n/a engine that will smoke the new Viper and even the supercharged Ford GT!

Mike

I have video of a Camaro smoking a Ford GT and a Supra :rofl:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by: 8BaLL

Mike

I have video of a Camaro smoking a Ford GT and a Supra :rofl:
yes anybody can mod a car to go fast. I'm sure the GT was stock. The Supra, probably not but hey, American Muscle man.

Ever see the video of the van smoking a camaro on the track?

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.