New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The people over on the Saturn forum say the coupe looks like a Cougar. I can see it, at least in the rear quarter...

Click 'em...

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
in that side view pic, if you block out the front and the rear bumpers, it almost looks like a civic. I really don't see cougar in there anywhere, except for maybe the length of it from the door back, like you said.

Mike

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'd kind of say that the side line takes a little from the rsx-s

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
Let's see...

From the rear window back, it has the design cues of the Coug.

The taillights seem to be a mix of an older teggy (on the rear fenders) and the IS300 (bumper)

Interior is out of some late 80's to mid 90's GM car.

Front end is very 2004 Malibu esque

Overall shape of the car is your typical boxy new Civic with a splash of old Camry.

Looks like ass.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: spacedog73
This will replace the cavalier then?
Yes. It is on the Delta platform, which is what the Saturn ION is on right now, and will also be under Chevy's 2005 HHR truck/wagon/PT Cruiser wannabe.

Personally, I think the coupe looks okay - MUCH better than the current Cavalier. Engine choices will be the current 140-horse 2.2 Ecotec, a new, as-yet-unreleased 2.4 Ecotec, and the supercharged 2.0 Ecotec due this spring in the Saturn ION Red Line.

Too much Cavalier baggage for my tastes, though...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
welcome to 1996...

This car and the overstylized look is about 8 years old when brand new. It won't age very well like the Saturn Ion. Cougar design was much more coherant with the central new edge theme. This car looks like it was piece together with left over drawings from the Ion design.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I kinda like it. At least the coupe. I've never liked any sedans that I can really think of. I do like the supercharged 2.0L. The thing that would kill it for me is the fact they'll be everywhere. Thats what I hate about civics and cavaliers now. Hell it's what kept me from getting an Eclipse or a Mustang. I didn't want to drive the same car as everyone else. Someday I'll just buy another Gran Sport and be different again.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Originally posted by: Silvercup
It doesn't look like much to me!:thumbsdn:
Ya but neither does a Civic, its not bad but nothing thats going to win awards. Personaly Saturn has been doing perty good lately, their desings have not been as outdated, still looks a little soft though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts