New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some opinions on this concept.
If the production car looks anything like it might be time to sell the cougar.

Eclipse 2004 Concept

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I guess it comes down to personal preference, but I think it's one of the ugliest concepts I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i'd rather drive a toyota prius:goofy:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Obviously it's not a 2004 model Zac, that's the year it was a Concept.

It is slated for 2006, but many of the things on the concept won't appear in the production version, like the headlights. i'm betting on the side exhaust, 20" wheels and the electric motor won't make it either.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Reminds me of a cross between a Cougar and a 350z. If it's turbo and AWD,:hitit:.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I don't like it..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yikes. there are some pics on here in a "spy shots" thread that show the 2005 or 2006 eclipse and it looks nothing like that.

Mike

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The spy shots have the typical covers over the front and rear so it's really kind of hard to tell how close it is to the concept version.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Front wheels are powered by a 3.8-liter/270-hp MIVEC V-6 engine and rear wheels get an extra 200-horse push from an E-Boost electric motor sending a total of 470 horsepower to the six-speed automated manual transmission.

Anyone notice this thing has two seperate motors? One for the front and one for the back! That would be awesome if it ever made it to production.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: Superjoint
Front wheels are powered by a 3.8-liter/270-hp MIVEC V-6 engine and rear wheels get an extra 200-horse push from an E-Boost electric motor sending a total of 470 horsepower to the six-speed automated manual transmission.

Anyone notice this thing has two seperate motors? One for the front and one for the back! That would be awesome if it ever made it to production.
I don't see that engine setup EVER making it to production. Expecially at the price point that the eclipse has been known to be at.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Originally posted by: Superjoint

I don't see that engine setup EVER making it to production. Expecially at the price point that the eclipse has been known to be at.
I dont either, but we can always dream.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
The spy shots have the typical covers over the front and rear so it's really kind of hard to tell how close it is to the concept version.
yea but even a blind man can tell it looks absolutely nothing like that concept!

Mike

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
i like the side profile. Sleek coupe: :thumbsup:

front and rear styling: :thumbsdn:

IMO Mitsu's new style is nasty.. like the new galant bleh
I would take an EVO though :D

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
After seeing the car in the flesh, I will retract my ugliest concept ever comment. The front end still seems awkward to me though. Overall it's interesting, but not anything I consider getting.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
my friend saw this at the detroit auto show a few weekends ago. it looks pretty nice in the pics he took of it. but then again, its just a concept. it will probably change some before being produced.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts