New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've heard the same rumours and I'm pretty sure some of the Cougar people at Merc haved moved (or are moving) to the Mustang group.....

I'll buy one as long as it still has a hatch......

G

·
Rear Shot...What do you guys think about this style? I know it was on the board a while ago as the concept i believe.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
those pics are the original concept models of the current cougar

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They sure didn't deviate much from it in the production models...

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Here is an idea ... The Cougar stays as a Mercury sister car to the new Mustang in 2004. Then Lincoln adds a varient called the Lincoln Panther or something like that, but bases it on the Jaguar X-Type with the 3.0L standard and AWD, with an optional lower compression 3.0L Supercharged

Who knows ... I may just end up being a Cougar owner again in the future
If the Cougar came standard with 225+hp (275-325 would be prefered), a hatchback, RWD or AWD, I would definitely buy one again. As it stands now, I will most likely just save up about $15K to put down on either a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII or Subaru WRX STI ... the japanese rivalry equivilants of the US's Z28 vs Cobra, except the japs have AWD, 4 doors and highly boosted 4 bangers that get good gas milage when not being floored. Subaru has already confirmed that the STI (Subaru's version of SVT) will come to the US next summer and Mitsubishi is currently studying the idea of a NA market EVO VII. Seeing as how Subaru has already commited to the idea, Misubishi will not be outdone and will more than likely bring over the EVO VII at the same time as the WRX STI.

·
Registered
168 Posts
OH man!!!!! SE-R SpecV, Z, R-34, RX-8, MP3, SC 3G clipse, Evo VII, Hi-Po celi, '04 Supra, WRX STi, SVT Focus, '04 RWD coug, 200hp 3G tib, RS-X TypeS, Civ Si, '03 NS-X........AAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!! I just can't wait 'til all these sports cars/compacts hit the street!!!!! LONG LIVE SPORTS CARS!!!!! The days of SUVs crowding up the roads are numbered! BRING IT ON YEAH!!!!! :biggrin:

G

·
Kinda funny,
Doesn't the Stratus look awful similar to the rear shot of that '99 concept?

"Dodge, changing all the rules"...looks like they just copied some body to me...

G

·
I agree. The back looks similar to the Dodge Intrepid or Stratus. This concept is too elegant looking for a sporty car.

G

·
i was going to say the same thing as the above two when i saw your posts, the rear looks like a damn intrepid and the front looks kinda cool, those little lights, i am already on the path of my next car, i stopped buying parts for my cougar, and my existing cougar's parts will soon be on the market, i test drove (wasn't for sale, it was a prepurchase dealer model that they were allowing people to test drive) a 2002 Acura RSX Type S, ohhhh mmyyyy gggooooddd i love that car. it wont be on sale for a couple more weeks, but that car looks awesome and its fast as all hell.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Lets all hope that Ford gave the current Cougar one last gasp of air with the XR thats coming out in september. I spoke with Robert Lane from BlueOvalNews.Com and he said he will be posting about the XR. So we will see. I asked him what he knew but, he said he had no idea that the XR was even coming out.. Lets hope its even worth anticipation.

GnuLoCo

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been waiting since the 86 Capri for a high po.Merc pony car count me in!!

what does anyone know about the XR Cougar they are talking about???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.