New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I recently aquired a 2002 mercury cougar V6 with the 5 speed manual transmission. Car is straight, all original down to the brakes. Previous owner did put new magnaflow muffler on the car and catalytic converter. Literally has 16,000 original miles! I know hard to believe right? Supposedly car sat at a impound lot here in california in the early 2000's around the time when it was still new. And sat it did for over 15 years. Friend of mine got it about 3 years ago because he owns a Tow service and i guess they look to him to take old forgetten cars like this at times.

Anyhow, its now in running condition new plugs and fluid changes. One new tire, has paint fade and deterioration in spots due to sitting outside for soo long. But it runs like a champ, shifts good. And evan the original stereo works.

I was given this car, to sort of restore but i have other projects and would like to see this cougar go to a forum member or somebody who is really looking for that conplete low mile example car.

You can DM me here to discuss it further if you may be interested please contact me. Thanks guys
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive side marker light
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Looks like a true diamond in the rough, 16k mile California car like this should basically only need paint. If you're looking to sell it I'd suggest the For Sale section rather than here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive never had an 02. what kind of price are you looking at?

Well you make me an offer that seems fair, its got a clean California title its on a non-op registration status. I would drive this car across the country if it had 3 more new tires and new brakes, and was currently registered. Id probally sell it to a forum member for 3800$ bucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts