New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im a junior and HS and have a 2002 C2 with a 2.5 ATX. Im crazy about cars and want to trick this one out but i love the body lines so nothing crazy. Seeing as the 2.5 isnt exactly the fastest engine, performance mods would be rather useless. I would like an exhaust system, probably one catback muffler with a Y-pipe giving my dual outlets...any suggestions on the muffler? I would also like to get a Short Air, Ram Air or Cold Air Intake but im not sure which to get. Any suggestions on that(preferably cheap lol)? As far as body goes, i like the styling so im not really considering a body kit. I am however interested in tail light covers, tinted or clear side markers and either the impossible to find Projector/Halos or the more practical HID kit. Any suggestions for any of that? Not set on wheels....i would love the 17s from the 40th or XR so if yall know about where i can find thos or replicas please let me know. As far as audio goes im set on what im doin with that. Any other suggestions or ideas, please share.

G

·
Mods I would reccommend:

1- K&N FIPK for a short ram (slightly more expensive, but a crinkle heat resistant finish compared to other metal pipes) A cold air would be better, but power difference will be un noticeable unless you are driving in extreme heat.

2. Exhaust- A flowmaster 40 series sounds great on these cars, and you cant go wrong with a Borla System. Trubendz is a good company to order from regarding exhausts. Check the exhaust thread in this section for sound clips.

Whatever you do, keep it clean.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mods I would reccommend:

1- K&N FIPK for a short ram (slightly more expensive, but a crinkle heat resistant finish compared to other metal pipes) A cold air would be better, but power difference will be un noticeable unless you are driving in extreme heat.

2. Exhaust- A flowmaster 40 series sounds great on these cars, and you cant go wrong with a Borla System. Trubendz is a good company to order from regarding exhausts. Check the exhaust thread in this section for sound clips.

Whatever you do, keep it clean.

cool...anymore suggestions?

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
If you order from Trubendz, be sure to get a RESONATED system. The sound advantage is TREMENDOUS. And I'll second the Borla muffler. Very European.

Tail light covers are getting hard to find. Keep an eye out on eBay for those, as most retailers are out of stock.

Check the Contour catalog on British American Transfer for good deals on Euro parts, including clear side markers.

G

·
cool...anymore suggestions?
If you go with a body kit of any sort, stick with lip kits. 90 percent of the body kits out there are fiberglass while 90 percent of the lip kits out there are urethane or ABS which are much more durable and fit ment is much better. Body kits on a daily driver go through wear and tear and eventually end up looking ghetto.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I second the K&N FIPK for the short ram. There's a nice picture of it in my gallery; you can see the intake contstruction. Not an ounce of metal (other than the clamps).

·
Registered
341 Posts
No, but I too went down the nitrous route with the Cougar, and it was alright, just swapping a 3L in an atx is almost a waste of time for him.
true.. I was kidding about the 3L, I think all I did to my first one was an intake cause of the slushbox

G

·
no worries, I just hate to see people take a nice car, butcher it up to try and make it fast, then they end up trashing the car and selling it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like emphasizing the collapsable rear seats and hatch lid. Lots of ****ing space! Typical chicks like things that look fast, bump hard, and have room to sprawl out. If you find a woman who gives a crap about polished heads or ignition tuning, I suggest you grab her and shove a bigass ring on her finger asap! I can't even begin to describe all the kink involved with a dirty man and a sweaty woman working under a car side by side in a garage. You can imagine... :evil:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
true.. I was kidding about the 3L, I think all I did to my first one was an intake cause of the slushbox
not liking the ATX but hey...the cars clean otherwise

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like emphasizing the collapsable rear seats and hatch lid. Lots of ****ing space! Typical chicks like things that look fast, bump hard, and have room to sprawl out. If you find a woman who gives a crap about polished heads or ignition tuning, I suggest you grab her and shove a bigass ring on her finger asap! I can't even begin to describe all the kink involved with a dirty man and a sweaty woman working under a car side by side in a garage. You can imagine... :evil:
lol....hmm....bathroom break lol...JK

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
any more mods anybody

1 - 20 of 24 Posts