New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the bulbs on your 2001 fogs? I crawled under there this weekend and I was trying to figure out the nice shield they put in and I see there are a few screws// I am guessing you just drop these off and you can get to them? Just a comical side-note.. Picture a 6'2", 225 lb guy crawling under a coug in his apartment parking lot
... Seriously thhough.. any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
972 Posts
My fog light bulbs have some weird ass number that is we have not found a replacement for yet, but working on it. Yes, you can take them out, with removing 3 screws, If I remember correctly

·
Registered
902 Posts
GOOD GOD! I'm only 5'10" 180lbs. and I have trouble getting under the car. Course, this is on a rock driveway. Thank god for ramps!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya.. it is kinda funny.. Just as long as nothing scares me.. then ill be doing a how-to on pulling your head out of the engine compartment!

*Edited to remove dumb comment!*

·
Registered
917 Posts
I was thinking about changing the bulb, but I had a case of forsight (6'4" 220lbs also in apartment parking lot) *shudder*. Seriously if you find the part number for the bulb and/or where to buy them with super white/blue bulbs it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately for a 2001 your never gonna get replacement bulbs.. unless your car goes over 100k miles.. The guy actually told me "your car will be rusted out and in a junkyard before they have aftermarket bulbs to rplace the H10" so needless to say I was disappointed.. Im just gonna take out the assembly and put in a PIAA or something like that..

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe for some but on my 2001 it is an H10, I know because I ordered the H3 and when I went to put it on... I found I had H10 which look very similar to our 9005/9006.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have to take off the plastic shield covering the bottom, I think it is like 6 or so screws holding it in, then reach behind it and it will come out like one of the healdights (twist it and the assembly will come out).

S

·
0 Posts
Just go to the dealership and "borrow" some lights from one of the new ones sitting there :biggrin: I wonder what the neighbors think of me crawling under mine, I'm 6'6" and 250lbs. Lol

Sas

·
Registered
444 Posts
FYI, you CAN use the 9005 as a replacement for your H10 bulbs, You can buy the hyperwhite ones or the HID look alike ones to make it brighter than stock...Just don't go over 100W or you might melt the plastic...

The 99/00 uses H3 ones and there are aftermarket ones to replace them also...I just got the 100W ones for my 00 Cougar and they're as bright as the headlights now...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts