New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first a smirking chuckle, I have read many of the threads about how to install fogs, dummy wires, new switches and raised a discerning eyebrow at those not knowing the value of a relay... but anyway...

I haven't stayed current on the body changes year to year, although I know the fogs are quite different, but has anyone tried the new 01+ fogs in a 99 or '00 ?? I have a feeling the bumper fog recess shaping in the 99's are more elongated and tapered in the corners versus a more snubbed rounding in the 01+

I am about to undergo the metal cutting surgery to install the new-style headlights and am without fogs currently, so I would like to install the new fogs as well, just wonder if the fitment will accomodate the bumper and vice-versa.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
01-02 fogs will not fit in the 99-00 bumper....unless you rig them. I changed everything...bumper headlights and all. The only difference between the 99-00 fogs and the 01-02 fogs are the plugs. To solve this I went to a junkyard and found a car with 9005 headlight bulbs and pulled its plug harnesses.(mine actually came from a Chevy Corsica...yeah funny huh?) Then I cut the 99-00 plugs off and wired the Corsica plugs on...took 3 minutes...easy. Be sure to get enough of the plug wires to wire them together. Then you just have to shave one of the notches off of the 9005 bulb to get it to work. The 9005 Sylvania Silverstar bulbs are really bright and I recommend those all around in the fogs and headlights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome information, yes I agree with you on the Silverstar bulbs, I am currently running them in my headlights, I opted to modify a high beam bulb to fit the low beam slot, much much nicer, as I found the low beam silverstars were just lacked a bit for quaility illumination.
Thanks, Steven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.