New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got some white/blue bulbs for my headlights and wanted to change my fogs as well, so I ordered some H3's. As you know and I figured out the 01 has an H10 bulb, which is like 40 watt. The H10's and the 9005's, our bright lights that are at 65 watt, are the same size and shape. So the question is: Can I use the 9005 in the fog lights with out hurting my car or burning out the fogs in very little time? I ask this because I cannot find blue H10's, but if someone knows where I can get them, please let me know

Thank You

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
You will never find blue H10's.. your lucky if you can find any replacement at all for an H10 bulb.. do a search on H10's and find out why.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Im talking to the manufacturer of our headlamps and fogs today.. Ill ask him and see what he says.. I would think there may be a temp issue or possibly a wiring problem where the fuse they are on couldnt take any extra drain? Ill let ya know if I find out anything.

G

·
0 Posts
I also have a 2001 cat and would like to put blue HID bulbs in my fog lihghts. Please post the info you get... Thanxs...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOOD news. For the 2001 fogs you can use a 9005 bulb, same as your brights. I asked an engineer about this and he said they it might have a heat problem but I then asked another person and said that it should not be a problem. I would say just try them out and keep an eye on it for a few days. I am changing mine out this week.

G

·
0 Posts
I have already tried to put the 9005 blue lights in the fogs...The 9005 are slightly shaped different at the base. You will notice that there are 3 black parts that stick out and the problem is that it doesn't lock in place properly to the bracket attached to the car. However if you get it to work some how please let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts