New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO!

As I was cleaning my cute cougar's windows, I thought "Lets turn on some music" so I pushed the on button. Nothing happened. So I looked in the manual to see how to turn on the radio without the car on. Well, it has the 99/00 radio in it, not the 01 radio.

SO my question is how do you turn on the radio in a 01 cougar w/out the engine running?

or is this another feature I am going to miss??

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yep, that's another thing you're gonna miss. Only the stock 99 decks had that. The single cd/tape/radio combo deck introduced in 2000 does not do that. I'm asuming that's the deck you probably have?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i had a 2000 cd deck and it let me do that.... installed it in a friends car just yesterday... never check to see if that feature worked in a non-cougar vehicle but i'm assuming it would.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have a 2000 CD deck and mine turns on without the car on or key turned to accesories as well. Did they have a Deck with all three: CD/Tape/Radio in 2000, if so, I would have liked to get that. PM me if they did so I can info from you so I can ask my dealership about it, since I paid for the premium sound package, I should have had that in my car then.

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, this stinks. I don't want the car beeping when i have the radio on. BOO BOO BOO!

**pouts**

edited: you get the cd/tape/radio w/the sports package I believe. Did you get that?

G

·
My old silver 2000 cougar with the detachable face could turn on, my new 2000 without the detachable face but with tape/cd and a liitle "clear fake wood display" can not! I covered my stupid "beepin" speaker with sum ducktape to shut it up when I was woking on my car, it works!!!!

Kyle

·
Registered
604 Posts
In 2000 there were TWO decks that offer CD:
1) The same old single-disc/am/fm that was also available in 99
2) A single-disc PLUS tape plus am/fm that debuted (in the Cougars) in 2000. This is the one I have and it does NOT have that feature of turning on without the ignition in ACC or ON.

G

·
ok, the one i have is the tape/cd/am/fm and i have a 2000 and IT DOES stay on without the key in the ignition and displays 1hr on the screen when i turn it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.