New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who just picked up a 2001 Cougar V6 ATX. He's had it all of three days and he is complaining about the bogging or stuttering when he is starting from a stop. It doesn't seem to matter whether the car is warm or cold. I haven't felt it yet but we are going to lunch tomorrow so I will have more info then. However, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone knows what the problem could be.

-------------------------------------------
EDIT 5/11/01
-------------------------------------------

OK, I got a ride in the car last night. This is the deal. This doesn't happen when the car is cold only after it's been running for a few minutes. If he is at a dead stop and the takes his foot off the brake the lightly presses the gas the car stutters and bogs like it is going to stall then it gets going. It's almost feels like it's bogging because of a clogged fuel filter. Any ideas??

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, sorry. It's an ATX.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is the engine light on in the gauge area?
It could be an emission problem.
I had a simular problem with mine. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the EGR assembly under warranty. No more problem.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maverick... The engine light is not on. Although the EGR makes since. I think he has an appointment to bring it to the dealer next week. He was just wondering what the problem could be and if anyone else had this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.