New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase my 2000 SE in 2007. I started with a few mods here and there but I ultimately wanted to make ST 200 tribute/clone whatever. But I purchased so many aftermarket parts that kind of became it's look with and power adders. I am enclosing a full list of parts I acquired from the U.S and a ton from all over europe. IT was a long time coming but it's finally finished and in the end. the time and money was well worth it...
View attachment 81621

2000 Ford Cougar SE ST200 clone
  • Mods and upgrades:
  • SVT upper intake
  • SVT lower intake
  • Mustang 5.0 injectors·
  • New fuel rail
  • SVT throttle body
  • SVT MAF
  • Injen cold air intake with ram air mod
  • SVT front and rear sway bars (lower)
  • SVT MTX 5 speed Serviced and Royal purple added
  • B&M short shifter
  • Massive adjustable sway bar end links
  • Massive adjustable tow bars
  • Wiecher rear sway bar (upper)
  • Weicher front sway bar (upper)
  • Custom made front upper sway bar
  • H&R racing lower springs 1.6”
  • SVT brakes (upgraded) Slotted disc, carbon fiber/ceramic pads
  • MSD street fire coil
  • 37MM plug wires
  • Custom magnaflow 3-2.5” dual exhaust
  • Glow shift NOS & RPM gauges
  • HID headlights and fog lights headlights and fog lights custom painted
  • Weapon R polished aluminum coolant tank
  • Weapon R polished aluminum power steering tank
  • Kazerra 17” custom wheels (5 total)
  • ZEX wet nitrous kit
  • ZEX purge kit
  • ZEX bottle heater
  • Remote bottle opener
  • 2) ZEX bottles with gauges
  • Custom stitched leather gear shift and E-brake boot and door pull covers (from Germany)
  • Turn signal imported from the UK 2 sets
  • Original ST 200 grill and badges and OEM ST 200 shifter knob from the UK
  • 2001 OEM hood scoop
  • 2001 instrument cluster bezel
  • 2005 ford focus ST shifter knob
  • Tinted windows Tinted brake lights
  • Custom red interior lighting
  • New Luk complete clutch kit
  • New tires
  • Quick fill racing fuel door
  • Handmade chrome engine dress up pieces imported from the UK
  • 6 cd stereo with sub enclosure
  • bra

Attachments

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,723 Posts
Looks pretty well done. Although I’m a little unclear on the “upper” sway bars…

No tune?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,723 Posts
Be careful with those Mustang injectors; my tuning guy wouldn't even let me drive mine with Taurus injectors until the ECU had been tuned for them for fear of washing down the cylinders.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, good to know. I have been running them for over 5 years without any hiccups. Since I'm running a "wet"nos kit I need the extra fuel when I have the NOS on. Much like the custom ram air st up. These additions (with high octane fuel) help the nos work properly. It's been 3 years of spraying and it hasn't hurt the car at all. I've been amazed, because the car runs better now than it did originally. I will be buying and building the crap out of a svt motor (yeah I know about the 3,0) but I want to stick with SVT 2,5 and add forged pistons and have the heads and internal ported and polished with the intention of running a 100 shot. Then I'll have it tuned as well. But for right now, everything works so I ain't fix what's not broke.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Thanks, good to know. I have been running them for over 5 years without any hiccups. Since I'm running a "wet"nos kit I need the extra fuel when I have the NOS on. Much like the custom ram air st up. These additions (with high octane fuel) help the nos work properly. It's been 3 years of spraying and it hasn't hurt the car at all. I've been amazed, because the car runs better now than it did originally. I will be buying and building the crap out of a svt motor (yeah I know about the 3,0) but I want to stick with SVT 2,5 and add forged pistons and have the heads and internal ported and polished with the intention of running a 100 shot. Then I'll have it tuned as well. But for right now, everything works so I ain't fix what's not broke.
I've got an SVT block and heads I would love to sell. PM me if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts