New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2000 or 2001 Taurus SES sitting in what used to be Lake Auto Parts in Ballston Spa. They used to have a SHO motor there I was gonna grab, but when I went there 2 days ago they look like they have gone out of business. The red taurus with a duratec sitting there is one of the 5 or so cars that remain. There was no-one there so I took a quick look but didn't want to be accused of theft. Looks like it was recently hit. If anyone is looking for a 3.0 block for a conversion you might want to get up there right quick and check it out, and perhaps see if you can contact someone there and offer to buy the engine before it gets crushed up. I'm going to try to go back over there and talk to the loader driver to see if that SHO engine is still around, and if I can make a fast cash deal on it. I'd think they'd rather get a few hundred for the block outta that 200X Taurus rather than just crush it up. I can help anyone with the removal if they need a hand getting it out of the car, as I live nearby.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] for directions on how to get to Lake Auto.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: ignernt
Man... wish i lived closer or had somebody close looking out for 3.0L parts for me local.

post on www.tauruscarclub.com and have ppl keep a lookout for ones in your area. Just watch out for the owner of the TCCA, he can be a sneaky bastard

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Netviper - if you happen to come across a cheap 3.0L duratech UIM and TB be sure to let me know. These are my next planned mods!!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
That might work b\c I found the TB for $40 on car-parts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts