New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is looking to convert over from GM to FORD. Hes asking me if there is any reviews good/bad to know about these cars or the 4.6L ?

Any help for him?

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
they are a solid car. Since they are built off the same chasis as the crown vic they are solid cars. My neighbour had a marquis and drove it to 350,000 before the head gasket went, replaced it and the car has 400,000 on it now and is owned by my uncle. Make sure the bottom isn't rotted, and the clearcoat is still decent. the motor has readily available parts that aren't to bad in terms of price. it's a great car from their opinions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My buddy is looking to convert over from GM to FORD. Hes asking me if there is any reviews good/bad to know about these cars or the 4.6L ?

Any help for him?
I'm not converting...I'm just broadening my horizons lol

Mopar for LIFE!! :cover:

I actually really like this car, the only problem I have with it is the ride quality....I was expecting better than it delivered. Do they just ride crappy? or could the shocks and struts be worn?

The paint looked good on it...I will look closer next time I go look at it. What part of the bottom are you talking about rotting?

Thanks for makin this thread Mich, and thanks in advance for the replies

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Don't know anything about these cars. So your a Mopar guy not a GM guy though?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hes a mopar guy, his dad is a gm guy.

I made a mistake in my first post. His dad is looking to go from GM to FORD.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
look closely around the door sills, up in the wheel wells, and at the frame. common place for rust on these was just above the rear bumper, and just above the lower trim piece by the door sills. Also take a look at the inside corner of the door where the metal folds, sometimes salt/water got trapped there.

Just like any car, before you buy, have it up on a hoist. If the body is solid you shouldn't have many issues with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts