New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deal All,
I was torn between posting this here and the "for sale" section within the site (I hope this is the right one).

On offer is a complete kit for a 2000 atx Cougar, ready for installation. Also included are the jigs, moulds, and design notes to re-produce and market the system commercially.

In short we would welcome the response from two kinds of parties:
· A reputable tuning shop with experience in forced induction that has market access to Cougar owners.
· A strong technical entrepreneur (or group of enthusiasts) that have access to a CNC machine shop, ECU software and dyno’, and a well resourced garage.

Highlights of the kit below:

Design and Performance:
· Created by Supercharger System Designer of 15 years experience (Alltune Engineering, Perth Australia)
· 3.7 psi boost yields 190 fwhp (up from 133.5)
· 6 psi pulley included for additional gains
· No cutting of any body work required to install the kit
· Fully intercooled system (water to air)
· Currently uses Standard ECU and injectors

Complete kit for one car:
· Screw Compressor (1200AX SRM a.k.a. Whipple)
· Complete drive system
· Fuel pump and custom regulator
· Intercoolers and bracketry
· Hoses, belts and all other additional fixtures
· 400+ photo installation guide

Production tooling for other cars
· 4 silicone moulds for lost wax casting of aluminium parts
· 2 fibreglass moulds for the air intake system
· Full bill of materials including part numbers for OEM components

Additional notes:
· Production and marketing rights included.
· Fits up to 2000 Ford Cougar (could be modified for later models)
· Development vehicle had a return type fuel system
· Installing the 6 psi pulley would mean remapping the Cougar ECU.
· Shipping and import duties to be paid for by the buyer
· Training and support can be provided for installation, production, development, and tuning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
badass!!

hopefully someone with some skills can buy these parts and have the kit mass produced for us, that'd be sweet.

if you are selling everything, you should list a price so interested parties could decide if they want to purchase or not.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
yes, that would be hella sweet. I know you don't want to give away to much, but could we please get a few more pics of the setup. Like, where in the world was the throttle body moved to, and why was it moved.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
The picture you posted shows an extremely clean install. I am encouraged by the prospect of a new S/C kit, but have some hesitations:

"Currently uses Standard ECU and injectors" - Need a custom tune regardless (as you said), and larger injectors to run 6 psi (whose pulley is included in the kit!) The injector duty cycle maxes itself out pretty quickly with 17#/hr injectors.

"Fuel pump and custom regulator" - Replaces the stock FPR? And, along those lines:

"Fits up to 2000 Ford Cougar (could be modified for later models), Development vehicle had a return type fuel system" - 75% or more of Cougars on the road have returnless- What is your plan for those folks?

The intercooler pump, heat exchanger, and reservior (if it has one) was also not mentioned.

Again, I am encouraged, but I believe more information (and of course, pictures) is necessary before someone would take this design under serious consideration to produce. Please also keep in mind that this kit should/would fit on the Contour/Mystique as well.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
I have one question ... is the pulley run off a "jack shaft" from the far passenger's side of the engine OR is it run directly off the cam/water pump pulley side?

G

·
There are certain reasons as to why some questions have gone un answered.

I am in contact with GW and will be working with him as well as BATLGround Enginneering to hopefully provide some awesome news in the near future.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Wow. I almost crapped when I saw that this post was not a question, but had actually PICS. All I have to say is wow, Ive started saving for this already lol.

George, you would be Mr. ATX if you could get this kit produced for us (keeps fingers crossed).

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Originally posted by: Nemesis
There are certain reasons as to why some questions have gone un answered.

I am in contact with GW and will be working with him as well as BATLGround Enginneering to hopefully provide some awesome news in the near future.
awesome, now if you can put out this kit at a fraction of the cost of other kits, just like you did with the CAI. You would be the man, and my hero, and I will :bowdown: in your presence.

G

·
Trust me guys, im going to try my hardest. If you really want this kit produced please post here and express it. The people at BATLGround will be peering in on this thread in the next week or so. I want this to happen just as much as everyone else...

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
what year is your car?
or you can look at the fuel rail(located underneath your throttle body), if it has two lines coming off it, its return, if it has one, its returnless

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
As far as fuel delivery and what not, Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't this setup work on any year cougar regardless of fuel system if you just upgraded to some larger injectors and got it properly tuned. If they are getting away with overworking the stock 17# injectors, I would think the SVT 19# injectors would be a sufficient upgrade. Even on a return system wouldn't it make more sense and be safer to do it that way.

If that is correct, for the extra expense of dyno tuning you also get the added bonus of knowing that your car is tuned for optimal performance. Sounds like a win, win situation to me.

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
BETLGround would be awesome if they put this kit into production. it would also give me a reason to drive down there and have them do the install too.

they should also know that they might not sell a lot of them right away.

someone should let the CEG guys know so they can express their thoughts here also.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Originally posted by: nadthomas
As far as fuel delivery and what not, Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't this setup work on any year cougar regardless of fuel system if you just upgraded to some larger injectors and got it properly tuned. If they are getting away with overworking the stock 17# injectors, I would think the SVT 19# injectors would be a sufficient upgrade. Even on a return system wouldn't it make more sense and be safer to do it that way.

If that is correct, for the extra expense of dyno tuning you also get the added bonus of knowing that your car is tuned for optimal performance. Sounds like a win, win situation to me.
Going to have to correct you- The 17# injectors max out right around 220bhp (crank). The ADC T28 kit comes with 24#/hr injectors, the ADC T3/4 comes with 42#/hr injectors. This ain't 'cause bigger is better! It's cause bigger is necessary to not go boom... Keep in mind that the Tial wastegate that comes with either of those kits maxxes out at 6psi without an external boost controller... Short and long-term fuel trims are quite acceptable with 42#/hr injectors at 12psi of a 60 trim .62A/R T3/4, as I have. ADC warned (and I am heeding) not to go above 12psi on pump gas without a dyno.

As for the fuel system type- Oh hell yes it makes a difference, and it's been covered ad nauseam. Fuel pump, vacuum FPR over ECU "smart" signal to the pump, etc. Search it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.