New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a friend of mine from Ripon bought a 98 talon with cold air and full exaust with headers and it is 5 speed. My cougar is ATX with cold air and exaust and venom chip. Nothing real fancy in my books. well i for sure i was goin to either win barely or lose by alot. But we lined them up. I got a good start and took him the whole way winning by 3 lengths and the second time i beat him by 4 car lengths.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ESi, TSi, TSi AWD? I'll assume the base version (what are those putting out, like 135-140) if you took him with the ATX, nice kill :thumbsup:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Does he have a turbo? I'm assuming you have a V6.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If it's turbo, with the cai, exhaust and headers and 5-speed trans I can't imagine our poor little ATX could put up a fight, let alone pull 3 or 4 car lengths :(

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by: Ninety9V6
If it's turbo, with the cai, exhaust and headers and 5-speed trans I can't imagine our poor little ATX could put up a fight, let alone pull 3 or 4 car lengths :(
Unless it wasn't very well taken care of. I mean you could have a corvette that someone ran into the ground and next thing you know it's losing to stock mustang GT's.

·
Registered
178 Posts
haha, always true, poor kid if he just bought it and had no idea the former owner ran it into the ground. Or he could just really, really, really suck at driving a stick

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
One of my friends friends had a talon. She wouldn't race me though cuz she said it was messed up, but she loved my coug. I let her drive it and she said it was quicker. We were both atx so.... What's really cool is now she has a cougar herself, everyone has fallen in love w/ cougas ever since i brought mine around.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
and venom chip
I was just wondering if you were talking about the control module
or if Venom came out with something new for our cars.
good kill on the Talon though
U wanna race???
Just b/c its a cougar dont mean [censored]
u be suprised what i can do!!!
not ripping on you or anything but we all have the same car here. Except for a couple people
that have sold the coug and moved on. I don't think we'd be surprised what your car could do.:biggrin:
Just given you a hard time man. I think I had a similar sig awhile back.
Keep up the kills man!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The talon was a ESI no turbo. I dont know who owned before him he got it at a dealership. But i messed with a white 96 TSI FWD and started from a 35mph roll he had me by 2 car length at 85mph.

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
A DSM without a turbo is a paperweight.

Way to keep those mooks in their place.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
A DSM without a turbo is a paperweight.

Way to keep those mooks in their place.
Like my friends GTP. He took off the s/c belt once just to see and his car was SLOW. I so need to race him NA.

*Than Again* He was running really rich.

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
HA! Did you see Mprtklr's Evo dyno a couple of weeks ago? It was dynoed with the turbo unhooked, and put down like, 75 horsepower. With the turbo...mmmmmmmmmmm 300.

Those cars run on AIR.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
my friend with a 97 esi talon with a cai, can do a 16.2, maybe the guy you raced isnt the best driver, or my friends talon is on crack

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
HA! Did you see Mprtklr's Evo dyno a couple of weeks ago? It was dynoed with the turbo unhooked, and put down like, 75 horsepower. With the turbo...mmmmmmmmmmm 300.

Those cars run on AIR.
Yeah, that was great. Than again. They have lower compression ratios NA also, and they're running on limp mode so... Even though, it wouldn't make too much of a diff.

What do talons have in em?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
1gen Talon Turbo: 4G63 engine 195hp from factory
1gen Talon N/A: 2.0 DOHC 4G63 130hp from factory
2gen Talon Turbo: 4G63 engine 210hp from factory
2gen Talon N/A: 2.0 DOHC 420a 140hp from factory

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
I don't remember if any of the Talons came with the base model 1.8L SOHC motor, but the first gen DSMs with those motors put down about 95 at the flywheel, IIRC. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts