New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly where are the screws located on a 00' center console. I need to know for removal.

N8

·
Registered
435 Posts
This is all off the top of my head, since I can't check now since its raining outside but..

You have the ones in the ashtray holder
The ones INSIDE the armrest bay
I know there's screws inside the cup spiller, but I don't think those need to be removed
And the two clips on the side of the console by the stereo.
I THINK you may need to remove the stereo to slide it from under the top part of the dash, but then again I can't remember. I'll try and give you a positive rehash later if I can when it stops raining.

·
Registered
902 Posts
If it is the same as the 99 then he is correct. Just pop the shift boot off (with that plastic peice) for a manual. And just slide the center console out. I just removed my earlier and cleaned the inside of the car. I spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning inside/out tonight.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Im trying to Take out my Center Console right now and Im having trouble..
I just need to know where are all the screws that need to be taken out,

·
Registered
240 Posts
For the center console, there are actually two where the ashtray is (1) remove the ashtray and its right there and (2) there is one behind the black piece surrounding the lighter. There is also two inside the armrest (if you have one) or under the plastic cup holder where the armrest would be. Also, there is one on either side of the console under two plastic caps up under the dash. You will more than likely have to remove the shifter handle (ATX, you need to cut the OD wires). That way you can remove the shifter boot (or plastic shifter piece, ATX once again) and also slide the boot for the E-Brake. You will need to pull the E-Brake up to get it off.

Also Be careful not to crack the console (it likes to crack right at the bend, well atleast mine did)

Jester

1 - 6 of 6 Posts