New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i have about $2000 to spend on the car. What can i do?
i'm not so concerned about cosmetic modifacations as i am about proformance
I was told that i could get a UIM built for $500 is that possible?
If so i think i could fit that into my wish list , - sunroof?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
You can start where most people usually start: Intake, headers, exhaust.
Get a cheap short ram intake then contact grandmasterkahn for a cold air extension. Then buy a set of MSDS headers and whatever exhaust system of your choice and you'll be off to a good start. You could also get an svt uim or have your stock one max extrude honed and then pick up an svt throttle body. If your car has the return style fuel system then you probably have the smaller bore lim. If you do, then pick up an lim from an svt contour or any cougar with the returnless style fuel system (they are the same).

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
You can start where most people usually start: Intake, headers, exhaust.
Get a cheap short ram intake then contact grandmasterkahn for a cold air extension. Then buy a set of MSDS headers and whatever exhaust system of your choice and you'll be off to a good start. You could also get an svt uim or have your stock one max extrude honed and then pick up an svt throttle body. If your car has the return style fuel system then you probably have the smaller bore lim. If you do, then pick up an lim from an svt contour or any cougar with the returnless style fuel system (they are the same).
Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board!:wave:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the short ram intake and exhaust. but getting the uim bored out and headers sounds like a great idea. I also plant to get an cold air ext for the intake. thanks

G

·
I heard you are in the Atlanta area now? Welcome aboard man, I work in Atlanta, and would like to meet someone new!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm still in miami for the next couple days. i'm trying to get to atl by monday. ahh yes 11 hours in a moving truck while my girlfriend follows in my car, i can't wait!

G

·
Im on the outskirts , about 20 some miles east from Downtown. I work right smack dab in the middle downtown, at Buckhead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OMG trust me, your best bet is to take that 2k you have and go buy a different car while you still can. from my expierence cougars are the crappiest cars out there, i wish i never got rid of my 90 geo metro. it was the most reliable car ive ever owned and it did 90mph with 4 people in it plus round 40mpg. since ive been back from iraq (in january) ive put 3 alternators in the pos. the car bucks ½ the time under hard acceleration replaced the imrc. the car is not worth it, no matter how good you think the car looks. it has a 2.5l v6 wit honly 170hp that almost any 4cyl vehicle on the road in the same price range can beat. if i could do it all over i would have never bought another american car. remember do not spend 2k on a cougar, thats like ½ of what the cars worth

all of this on 65k miles

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Your posting on the cougar boards why Chaz?

Most people are here because they actualy like this car...

·
Registered
61 Posts
because i own a cougar and its had more problems then my 79 RX-7 at 180k mi. dont get me wrong, its a nice looking car, just poorly engineered, im just saying there are alot nicer cars you can get your money out of then a cougar

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.