New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing if anyone is interested in purchasing the whole car as-is. Owned the car since 2005, engine swap was done in 2010ish, registered and inspected until 2019, has since sat other than the monthly drive around the driveway. I have been debating getting a replacement shell and/or keeping as a dedicated hill climb car but I’m starting to lose interest. Car is in good mechanical condition except for the following:

The Bad - Rocker panels and portions of the underbody have been consumed by rust. I cut them off with the intension of welding in new metal (again) but realized it had gotten to the point where it wasn’t worth it. Additionally the car needs new front wheel bearings (included in purchase) and now the alternator went (might be able to get replacement under warrantee). The bushings I have for the homebuilt control arms were made out of polyurethane and compress when tightened down…this prevents the bolts from being torqued to the proper spec. Since this could lead to a bolt failure, I recommend having aluminum bushings made or returning the arms back to stock (which I think I have). Seats (front & rear) will not be provided as I am selling them separately as the Corbeaus are basically brand new and I don’t have the originals.

The good – The car was mechanically very well cared for and I have documented all maintenace performed. Car handled and pulled great and usually took 1st place in the local anything goes FWD class. Modifications include:

Engine & Drive Train
2004 3.0L V6 Duratec Motor (approximately 90,000mi)
SVT Upper Intake Manifold (Hand Polished exterior but needs to be touched up to look good)
SVT Cams
19# Injectors
Ford GT Supercar Fuel Pump
AEM/GMK Cold Air Intake
OBX Stainless Steel Headers and Y-Pipe
Trubendz 2.5” Stainless Steel Exhaust (Custom/oversized Magnaflow muffler)
AEM Wideband O2 Sensor/Gauge (gauge build into A/C vent)
NPG Custom Tune – ECU Flash Programmed w/ SCT XCal III (Handheld tuner to be included)
SVT Clutch
SVT Flywheel
Torsen T2 ATB Differential
Polyurethane Filled Roll Resistors/Mounts
Suspension
Custom Designed and Fabricated Front Control Arms (super expensive NHBB rod ends)
Techno Toy Tuning Camber Plates (PRT Adapters welded to body)
Ground Control Coilovers with Hypercoil Springs (500 Front & 350 rear lb/in spring rates)
Koni Adjustable Struts
Jaged Rear Strut Bar
Roush Rear Sway Bar
Custom Fabricated Front Sway Bar Endlinks & TZT Rear Links
ES Polyurethane Sway Bar & Trailing Arm Bushings
Svt4stv Subframe Connectors (Welded to body)
PRT Aluminum Subframe Bushings
Massive Rear Trailing Arms
Brakes, Wheels & Tires
Wilwood FSL4 Front Calipers & 300mm Rotors - VOA Adapter Kit
NPG 278mm Rear Rotor Brake Kit
Eibach 15mm Wheel Spacers
Konig Unknown Wheels & Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R Tires (both not in that good of shape)
Stock Wheels with BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S tires (probably has over 90% tread remaining)

Price is $2500 OBO. Let me know if you have questions or need more pictures.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Lots of car for the money even with the rust. Location?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
id consider it if you were closer. if you decide to part it i would be interested in some parts for sure
I could be talked into relaying it from Connecticut as far as central PA if expenses were covered if you can find others to handle the other legs.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I hate to say it, but this may be a case where the partout might be your best option. I think $2500 would be an easy bar to reach piece by piece for what you have but bolted to a bad body in a relatively remote location makes it a tough sell.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont need another full car, especially with school starting. i appreciate it though
Nonsense! Take what you need and then get rid of the body for scrap steel.
I hate to say it, but this may be a case where the partout might be your best option. I think $2500 would be an easy bar to reach piece by piece for what you have but bolted to a bad body in a relatively remote location makes it a tough sell.
Yeah I figure I could make more parting it out I just really dont want to deal with that if I don't have to. I cant help but notice Connecticut isn't too far, :unsure:

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
No, its not that far but if I drag another Cougar home right now I'm going to be living in it :LOL::LOL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts