New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the fourms, but have read off them for quite awhile. I finally have a question, I was wondering if it was possible to put 20" rims on my cougar? If so, this would obviously raise my car..but how much? Also, how much would airbags cost?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
NO

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I think the problem has more to do with the tire sizes available for a 20" rim than the wheel itself. Just poking around on TireRack, the smallest 20" tire I found was a 245/35/20 which is over 2" taller than stock and obviously much wider. With proper modifications, it might be able to be made to fit, but it won't just bolt up.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ew...

·
Registered
150 Posts
No offense, but I think 20" rims would look kind of ridiculous on a Cougar. 19" even look big without a bodykit. If that's what you like, go for it, but in my opinion, 20" rims on a Cougar, way too big!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: hamann
Originally posted by: CATerina
You definitly wont fit them with air
Yep and trust me I tried.
you tried on a cougar? do you have any pics? i think this would be something fun to laugh at.....

·
Registered
378 Posts
You can get em on the rear with coilovers i tried at my friends shop and got em on . But on the front you cant turn much at all if the little movement there is can be called turning . Looks odd i must say. But with the front swapped out to 18's and 20's out back it looks really sweet just not very practical for a daily driver.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I have also seen a cougar with 19s up front and 20s in the rear.

RichieRich, what tire size was on the 20s when you put them up front? I would assume you had the fender liner removed. But what exactly was the Tire rubbing against?

·
Registered
587 Posts
FYI, Tire rack does not carry anything under a 35 series tire for safety issues, they do make smaller tires, but tirerack wont sell them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts