New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was on my way to school this morning I got behind one of my friends who has a 2002 2wd chevrolet truck with a V8. I pulled up beside him at a stop sign and he revved it up so I revved back and we ran just for fun. Off the line he got me by about 4 cars and pulled all the way to about a 8-10 car lead by 70. That was kind of embarrasing. The other one wasn't that bad. I was leaving school and this guy I see around campus all the time pulls up beside me in his Tiburon GTV6 with exhaust and asks if I want to run. I told him that he would kill me because my friend has beaten me by about 4-5 car lengths in his mom's stock tib but I will race him just for fun. This time I only fell back about 1 car length off the line and and then when it shifted to 2nd I gained 1/2 car length and stayed that way up to about 90 where we cut it off. This guy must not know how to drive. I want to race him again when I get a cold air intake and see if I can beat him (probably not the atx is too slow) :banghead:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
u need to start modding that bad boy. the tib has the same hp rating as us, but I think more torque. You could probably take him with some intake and more exhaust mods.

Mike

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Wow you must have a really slow ATX...
Aren't they all that way stock?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
gyger. . . totally off subject here. Was looking at your sig. . . . what "DO" you have that isn't modded? :rofl:

And as for the ATX. Good luck in making it fast. Reason why I ditched it. But if you wanting to show and just cruise, it's a beautiful car to do so with ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
u need to start modding that bad boy. the tib has the same hp rating as us, but I think more torque. You could probably take him with some intake and more exhaust mods.

Mike
I will start modding it more this summer. Right now I am in college and don't have a job so I won't be doing any modding for a while.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
But if you're wanting to show and just cruise, it's a beautiful car to do so with
Couldn't agree with you more Raben.
I mean our car wasn't meant to go fast from the begining.
And the ATX makes that situation even worse. So just enjoy the looks
and mod the outside.
gyger. . . totally off subject here. Was looking at your sig. . . . what "DO" you have that isn't modded?
Nothing everything I own has been modded even the Prizm. Put a K&N cone filter on her:flushed:

·
Registered
184 Posts
What kind of truck was it that you ran, I have an ATX and ran a f-250 with the turbo diesel engine and aftermarket turbo, or it sounded that way, and beat it pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Originally posted by: deucer00
What kind of truck was it that you ran, I have an ATX and ran a f-250 with the turbo diesel engine and aftermarket turbo, or it sounded that way, and beat it pretty bad.
Thats what I'm saying. MY ATX isn't that bad....I don't really think 16.61 at the track is bad...it beats a few of my friends, including a dodge avenger and a talon...so I'm okay with my car.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hmm my car runs a 16.61 as well heh. anyways my friend has a talon that ran a 16.2.. Tell youir friend to learn how to drive

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
i dont think my atx is slow....
But your car is far from stock.

N

·
0 Posts
Yeah all I meant is, with cash even an Atx can be quick. It just takes time and long hours at work lol

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I've been driving the Cougar a lot lately and let me tell you... as the "fast" 15.9-second "ATX of DOOM" that it is... it is a slow freaking car. It's got some pull from 5K-7K, but I'd have to be a complete idiot (no offense) to try and race anyone in it. The only cars it can beat are other slow cars/trucks whose drivers have attitude problems. :(

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
What model talon? Turbo? AWD? STOCK 4 CYL?
just a 97 fwd NA 4 cyl.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts