New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF!!! Good ol' 7-11 likes to price gouge. I think it was like 2.7? or something in polaris. Come home to see 2.99.. I'm like total bs. After some b-dubs in canal winchester, i'm going down hamilton to hit up the bank, i see another 7-11 w/ a price of 2.99... Thorton's right next to it at 2.89... and a little ways down is like Dutch (something like that, w/ the crown) and it was 2.58!!! WTF? This was all within a mile... It sucks, cuz i love driving, but can't afford it anymore.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I spend $2.89 last night at Speedway in North Canton, Ohio. (came to something like $38)

Louisville was $2.97 yesterday too.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,941 Posts
Yep - I filled up tonight for $2.99 and felt like I was gettng a bargain. Everyplace in town was at $3.09 except for Circle-K...

·
5,337 Posts
Yeah, every place I drove by on the way home tonight is $3.09 a gallon for the 87 octane. :( And I'm driving Dad's Dakota this week - not exactly the most fuel efficient V6.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,941 Posts
Originally posted by: LinkMan
Yeah, every place I drove by on the way home tonight is $3.09 a gallon for the 87 octane. :( And I'm driving Dad's Dakota this week - not exactly the most fuel efficient V6.
:rofl: Last weekend on Car & Driver they did a piece on the new Eclipse GT. On a 300-mile test, they averaged 15 MPG!!! :rofl:

I get 23 on a BAD day; thank god the car's not 600 pounds heavier. Way to go, Diamond-Star!

·
Registered
538 Posts
dang. i have a acura so... 36mpg.. is terrible. Just messing with u all i rember how the cougar used to be i couldn't even afford to drive it if i still had it..

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,941 Posts
Bank 1 sensor 1 is on the firewall side, top sensor, ABOVE the precat. You tell 'em you need an UPPER oxygen sensor, as both tops are alike. Its kinda hard to get to; probably better off going at it from underneath the car.

Automatics generally get worse mileage than manuals, since they aren't as efficient. Plus, I have about a 40-mile round-trip commute daily, and at least 30 of that is highway miles.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I know my auto gets sh!tty mileage to start with, but I was getting at least 25 - 27. Now that I have a stinky smell, crappy mileage, and a CEL that gave me a P0133 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1) I'm thinking that's the culprit. So would I say I need an upstream sensor? Then would it be a square connector or a round one?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah I get like 29 on the free way, but only 19 in town. I can get better, my cat is crapping out..waiting for mercury to call, so they can replace it.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Andy,

It's funny you mentioned the new Eclipse getting 15mpg because Lisa just mentioned last night that with these gas prices Mitsu is going to be hard pressed to sell an Eclipse that only gets 15mpg. I think she saw the same Car & Driver report you did.

Oh yea, $2.53 on the way in to work and $3.09 on the way home. We filled up the SUV for $2.99/gallon at BP and that was their Silver line because they were already out of regular (they were selling it for the regular's price).

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,941 Posts
Check www.ohiogasprices.com for the lowest reported prices in your area.

Downtown Columbus BP was at 2.59 this morning!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yeah gas sucks but I cant complain too much about that aspect of my car; thanks to some issues with my car that I cant figure out yet I am getting 28.1 MPG (combined city and HWY)...this has gone up recently. I was at 27.4 for several weeks prior :thumbsup: Sure, I cant get onto the highway without a lil drama and passing on a 2-lane is out of the question but as long as I stay below 75mph and 3500 rpm the car seems perfectly happy. I got a new IMRC but I swear the secondaries arent opening still...:shrug: not getting bucking like I would if it was fuel shortage. It acts like the IMRC isnt plugged in. Damn cougs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.