P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone plz tell me what the difference is between the 2? thnx alot

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Cams are same lift/duration as stock but are degree'd differently @ TDC (i think exhaust cam is advanced slightly?)
heads are same, but are "hand picked" to be the nicest few out of a batch of many (powdercoated black valve covers, too)
Smoother flowing upper / larger bore lower intake manifold
larger throttle body with revised throttle cable linkage (60mm vs 55[?]mm)
slight boost in compression
19lb/hr injectors (vs 17lb)
better flowing stock air filter box
ECU programmed for the above

exhaust manifolds, sensors, y pipe, pulleys, water pump, all that is the same. SVT Tours also have different rear tranny mounts than non-svt and SVT's have a "Stab-o-shock" stabilizer to reduce drivetrane flop. Cougars got the SVT style tranny mounts but no stab-o-shock.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
This has to have been answered before... Oh well:

• Higher compression pistons
    hotter cams (just more duration, I think?)
    Extrude honed secondary intake ports in the heads
    Larger LIM
    Extrude-honed UIM
    Larger TB
    19#/hr injectors
    conical enclosed air filter
    Lighter flywheel
    slighty beefier clutch
    ECU to match all these upgrades

That shoud be it...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Ooh Ooh

nicer radiator

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Right you are, Neil- The SVT's have a two-core radiator as opposed to our one-core. A must have upgrade for those of us with <ahem> non-stock engines... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I heard that other than the earlier 99's that rolled off the line, most Cougars have the same LIM as the SVT.

Massiv.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
True. Supposedly on 5/9/99 everything non-SVT was converted to returnless style, a tiny bit of displacment (or compression?) was lost for the european 2.5L market, and to make up for that all duratecs were fitted with the larger LIM. I'm return so ive got the smaller LIM. After my SVT Upper and TB, I barely felt a difference. i think the lim is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Originally posted by: Neil
True. Supposedly on 5/9/99 everything non-SVT was converted to returnless style, a tiny bit of displacment (or compression?) was lost for the european 2.5L market, and to make up for that all duratecs were fitted with the larger LIM. I'm return so ive got the smaller LIM. After my SVT Upper and TB, I barely felt a difference. i think the lim is the culprit.
it is.:)

My car was built in 98, so i got an SVT lower a couple months ago, and all i can say is it helped out a lot

·
Registered
76 Posts
>> My car was built in 98, so i got an SVT lower a couple months ago, and all i can say is it helped out a lot

*Just* the LIM made the difference, or have you also changed UIM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts