New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks.
I was wanting to do this but never got to it.
Was thinking a different intake design could be built from material bent tube that would likely breath better and leave the valve covers able to be removed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would have to be pretty compact to retain access to the valve covers, but yeah, I agree our UIM could probably be improved. Thats kind of the direction I'm going with this although it will be for my 3.0 build if I get it figured out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It would have to be pretty compact to retain access to the valve covers, but yeah, I agree our UIM could probably be improved. Thats kind of the direction I'm going with this although it will be for my 3.0 build if I get it figured out.
I think it could be done in the more modern style where the runners go over top of the plenum. If one did this method you could use mandrel u bends and section then as needed. For short runners make 1 u with a splitter dead top center and openings there into the plenum. Use full u bends for the long runners.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i'm thinking the same. I've been wanting to make a new one-piece manifold, but I've been nervous about tune issues if I remove the IMRC. I have no SCT or moates just yet, and I'm not sure the factory LTTs could handle it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts