New Cougar Forum banner

2.5L Factory Build Manual

32K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  JOZ57 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
I tried to open the attachment and I got a reply that the Adobe file was corrupted. Could you look into it and let me know?

Eric

#3 ·
Sorry, that came across kinda harsh, :flushed:. Is it possible to re-save the original file? It would be a great help. Sometimes I need to remember I am not at work, LOL.

Eric

#8 ·
Awesome manual. Thanks for Uploading it. No problems here viewing it.
Just read through about 80 pages, for educational purposes. Lol.(cat fever)

Just had an "oh crap" moment on about page 47.

Changed my oil pan a few months back from a wrecking yard....
Dont remember if it was an mtx or an auto it came from. My old one was cracked in several places... Old design, flat gasket.
New one was o ring type gasket and better design inside (1year newer Cougar)

I have the Mtx, and just noticed there are little spacer shims that go between the oil pan and the transmission, that are different for each transmission.
great...

Didnt notice them at all on either of the oil pans... Old or replacement.

Just changed the oil yesterday... Mobil 1...
Guess i need to check that out after another 3000 to 5000 miles and pull the pan ?

I figure they are there to prevent stress cracks, so the "oh crap" feeling is gnawing at me now.

love the manual.
thanks again for the upload.

Grrr...
I strive for 100% correct on all my repairs...
Feel i missed an important component.

#9 · (Edited)
This link has been broken for a while now. If anyone is looking for this manual see posts 21-23 for smaller chunks.
If that doesnt work, PM me and I may email it to you. I wont respond to single-post accounts, you need to have some track record of being a real person with a real interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.